skyejumper

Do you like your dz's website?

Does your dz have a good website? Did a dz's website sway you to go to one place over another? I think this would be a big factor in competitive markets. Also, does your dz's website post photos weekly, monthly, never?

Which website do you think is best? :)

I can't say I'm a huge fan of my DZ's website. It's pretty basic. Pics aren't updated. Hell, it's not updated really. It had no baring on my decision though. I went where my buddy goes. Found the website later. Good thing too. I happen to really love the DZ and the people there.
I'm the twist that turns your key....

Elsinore has a great website. They post pictures weekly. :)

I like Elsinore's website, too, because I like their online AFF materials. That's actually helpful.

Have you seen their animated AFF instruction? Going through each jump.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Yep; that's what I'm thinking of. NICE! And I like getting to review the mals that way, because even though I "know" them, it's good to go through.

They've changed the main page and it's not done yet. He should have it finished soon. Alot is not back on there yet.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Hell yes I like my DZ web site. They are quick to respond and update my "profile" with new numbers.

I like the fact that I can check in and see how much work is forthcoming for the weekend too. B|

Skydive Houston

Staff (I'll be at the number this weekend.. weather permitting) ;)

Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Our DZ has a few websites. The main one for the public, www.westplainsskydiving.com, is pretty basic and the forms don't seem to work super well, but at least it's an online presence with a phone number, some pictures, and a couple explanations. We have another website with contact information for everyone who wants to be included that also lets us email everyone...that one gets used the most. Another website hosts a calendar for staff to use, listing their availability and our confirmed student schedules, and yet another hosts a calendar for things like parties, birthdays, etc. One comprehensive webpage with restricted access to the full mailing list and the staff/student schedules would probably be better, but this works for a weekend only Caravan DZ with a 182 feel, especially given that we have no "full time" staff and are closed in the winter.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

i like ours, but then again, i designed it. :D. it's pretty basic, but it does the job. i used to do the updates, but since i don't jump camera, other people (mostly the dzo) sent them to me, then decided to do the updates himself to save time.

"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001