kbordson

Does Age matter?

New show coming out with a bit of controversy and some people getting quite annoyed by the premise... Editorial

I try not to watch too much tv and especially not reality shows, but this might be a train wreck worth watching just for the shock.

But since everyone here on dz.com is so much smarter than "outside," what's the thoughts on dating?

Guys.... would you rather date a kitten (one young and nubile, maybe even trainable) or a cougar (one confident and experienced, maybe able to train you) Or... does age not matter in the ultimate question.

What about a serious option:S

oo I dont know,

Like Any age as long as you are comfortable together

-but I was writing it to the general population of the Bonfire.... serious options?! :S:S:S

If you're going to give a serious reply... how about commenting on your thoughts on the new show.

If you're going to give a serious reply... how about commenting on your thoughts on the new show.

I'm fortunate to live in Australia, so I hopefully will not have to suffer the "New Show":P:P

But as far as dating shows go I think are are all pretty lame, and given that this show has Mark Philipousus as the lead BATCH, well it's going to make for some WOEFUL TV, he is lucky to be able to string three words coherently together:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I was surprised. Of 11 votes mine was the first one to say Cougar!

I'm 51 and quite happy to be dating someone my age!

We like the same music and have many of the same life experiences. Makes it easy to relate to each other. So she's a whuffo.... its not like there a zillion unattached female skydivers my age that live with a hundred miles of me :)

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

I voted. You'll never guess which option.

Shut up Shrek and Turtle...you already know the answer.

Let's see...would it be "Any age...as long as she's a skybabe?" :P
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

I'm going to watch it. Should be interesting. I think it depends on the individuals involved with the relationship as far as age is concerned. I think that age does matter to a point. A younger guy might want kids and honestly a woman in her forties might have trouble getting pregnant. Then again, I'm 37 and will get pregnant if you wink at me.:ph34r:

edit to add... If I were single I would be very reluctant to date a guy more than five years younger than me. Just my preference.

I would love to be able to say Age just doesn’t matter.. But that would be less than truthful.

It does matter. Time takes its toll. Some women stay in shape and still look great after 40 and beyond.. But most do not. Most women in their early 20`s still have the body of a woman in her early 20`s. Nice firm, Tone and Very Sexy. The draw back is that you have to listen to them talk.. And talk.. and talk..:P:D:D

The ideal is to find a Woman that is a little older the still has the Body of a Girl in her early 20`s. Now that is the jackpot.;)

Or find a Woman in her early 20`s that has something interesting to say.. The you hit the mega-millions!!;)

None of them fit me to a T, so I guess I'll go with kitten. When I was 18, I dated a woman who was 30 and that was fun, but in recent years I've been more of a younger to my age-ish kind of guy. It's rare that I'm attracted to a woman substantially older than me (more than a year or three), but I'd say it's the attraction that matters more than the difference in years. Also, while I've been jumping for 12 years, it's only been recently that I've taken a woman's whuffo/skydiver status into consideration. I mean sure, a skydiver would be nice, but not as a trade-off for characteristics that are more important to me. When I took on a bigger role at the DZ this year, I realized I was pretty much swearing off whuffo women for a few years, as none would tolerate the amount of time I was going to be able to spare for them. With that said, I am quite happy with a girlfriend who is 12 years my junior and a jumper. B|

Blues,
Dave

"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Or find a Woman in her early mid 20`s that has something interesting to say.. The you hit the mega-millions!!;)

B|Does retarded and/or socially aberrant count as "interesting", cuz I find it quite attractive. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I would be insulted if a guy were to choose / reject me basis my age. Then again, if that's all a guy is into I'm happy that he didn't waste my time.

Although, I know I reacted poorly when I found out a guy was 10 years younger than me... :$

I've dated both older (up to 12 years) and younger men (-5 years).

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Where's the any age option without exceptions. I say age is just a number, but I recently met someone who the lowest she would go is 30... lol :$

So good doctor how did you vote?

Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

For me, it's not so much age as maturity. I've always been attracted to those that seem to have it together... not that it's a requirement, but an attraction thing. I wouldn't want to be a sugar momma nor a trophy type, nor would I expect whom I with to desire either of those situations.

I just think the show will be an interesting comment (but luckily it will just reflect HIS views on dating, not that of the general population....) I just wanted a broader picture.

The older I get the thought of dateing a women significantly older than me is very scary. Especially with the trend of older women and younger men.

Of cause being a nasty skydiver I'll lurk the older ones and ask them if they want to sit in my car.;) At LP we asked a women 23 or 27 yr's older if she wanted to go sit down and she said "sure honey lets go".:o:$:|B|

Thank you ladies for the headach excuseB|

She was 83 or 87 years young and sharp as a tack. 3 generations of her kids were :D:D:D at the look on my baby face[:/]

So MissKriss since your still a sweet young thing how old would you go a man senior to you. aka a Dirty Old Man (DOM).

I've just hit the big 60 and a real women 23 yr's my senior was [:/] otoh she didn't have a walker just a cane with a hook at the end, and had to be getting at least a SS check :)

BTW Me and the boss have been married long enough that if you were a little younger we could be your our daughter.:)
How tall are you:)

For me, it's not so much age as maturity. I've always been attracted to those that seem to have it together... not that it's a requirement, but an attraction thing. I wouldn't want to be a sugar momma nor a trophy type, nor would I expect whom I with to desire either of those situations.

I just think the show will be an interesting comment (but luckily it will just reflect HIS views on dating, not that of the general population....) I just wanted a broader picture.

So I need to continue my search for a sugar momma :( is what you are saying
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Hi G

Gotta luv your avatar:P

How oldshort (in height) would you go?

Has anyone told you how nice your foot looks:P

Thanks Krip! I like `em tall with a lil meat (I'm not into bones) and I seem to stick with the guys just a wee bit older than me.

Yes, my sweetheart has told me how nice my foot looks!!! ;)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Hi G

Gotta luv your avatar:P

How oldshort (in height) would you go?

Has anyone told you how nice your foot looks:P

Thanks Krip! I like `em tall with a lil meat (I'm not into bones) and I seem to stick with the guys just a wee bit older than me.

Yes, my sweetheart has told me how nice my foot looks!!! ;)

g

Hi G

Like em tall:(

A wee bit older:(

Still like the feet:P one out of three ain't bad:)
One Jump Wonder

Of course age matters! Why do you think so many hot female teachers are getting arrested?:P

OK, seriously, age is irrelevant. How people take care of themselves makes a lot more difference than chronological age;

On one hand we have guys like my ex-roommate who entered middle-age in their 20's, spending all their time sitting in front of the TV eating junk food and drinking beer.

On the other hand you have a guy like Ned Overend who took 2nd place in a bike race to the top of Mt Evans last year. He was born in 1955:http://www.velonews.com/race/dom/articles/10550.0.html

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.