skysprite

Take good care of her, Florida!

In about 10 minutes I'm going to walk outside with my sister [and best friend for 22 1/2 years], give her a huge hug and wish her well, watch her get in her car and wave as she drives off on her way to Officer Canidate School in the US Navy in Pensacola. FL. Her orders have her checking in between noon on Saturday and noon on Sunday. She'll check in at 1 on Saturday, and there will be zero contact for at least a month, then limited contact until she gets her commision in September. Where's the big 'ol crybaby emoticon?????

Yes, I will miss her, but I'm also incredibly proud of and for her! I couldn't be happier! She is so excited and feels like her life is finally starting! She is the coolest girl ever, and she's MY sister! B|
~skysprite

Ted Striker: My orders came through. My squadron ships out tomorrow. We're bombing the storage depots at Daiquiri at 1800 hours. We're coming in from the north, below their radar.

Elaine Dickinson: When will you be back?

Ted Striker: I can't tell you that. It's classified.

Be careful when you post very detailed information like that. The information you posted does not have that much potential to hurt, but something you post later could. You should avoid posting details about military movements such as specific times and places things will happen.

Loose lips sink ships.

Best of luck to you and your sister. Make sure she goes aviation.

"Let the misinterpretation and attacks begin."

Officer Canidate School in the US Navy in Pensacola. FL.

Don't worry. She won't be doing any real work...:P:o:):D

Just kidding. OCS across all the branches isn't a picnic. Good for her!!

Now, once she gets her commission, tell her to listen to her senior enlisted and not to be offended when they give her a little desk with a coloring book and crayons. :P
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

In about 10 minutes I'm going to walk outside with my sister [and best friend for 22 1/2 years], give her a huge hug and wish her well, watch her get in her car and wave as she drives off on her way to Officer Canidate School in the US Navy in Pensacola. FL. Her orders have her checking in between noon on Saturday and noon on Sunday. She'll check in at 1 on Saturday, and there will be zero contact for at least a month, then limited contact until she gets her commision in September. Where's the big 'ol crybaby emoticon?????

Yes, I will miss her, but I'm also incredibly proud of and for her! I couldn't be happier! She is so excited and feels like her life is finally starting! She is the coolest girl ever, and she's MY sister! B|

I spent almost a year at NAS Pensacola. Loved it! A little too humid for my taste and the cops seem to pick on military there, but other than that, best place I've been yet.:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

wow, am i the only one that didnt like PCola, probably b/c i was only allowed to take a cab anywhere and well that was to expensive so i stayed in the barracks. your sister will eat right next to where i used to sleep. lol those OCS guys are hilarious, only thing i looked foward to when i woke up in the morning :P.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

wow, am i the only one that didnt like PCola, probably b/c i was only allowed to take a cab anywhere and well that was to expensive so i stayed in the barracks. your sister will eat right next to where i used to sleep. lol those OCS guys are hilarious, only thing i looked foward to when i woke up in the morning :P.

Shit, I got to know some civillians while I was there... then about 3 months before I left, I bought a car. I started lowballing the cabbies and giving rides to people that lived in barracks around me. Cabs got as much as $30 to go to the mall while I was there. I charged $10 to go anywhere in P-cola except the beach... I made them pay the $1 toll for the trip across the bridge. I made some money, They saved some money, everyone was happy.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I was Air Force, went TDY to P-cola. They treated me like royalty there! But, their billeting suckedddd!

What was that bar that closed downtown, Trader John's? cool place.....

When you say billeting, do you mean barracks? If so, I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I thought they were outstanding... of course there's a slight difference in where funding goes and how much of it there is between the Marines and the Air Force.

The Officer's Club there used to have really good prime rib for like $5. Of course that was a few years ago. But it's what I remember most favorably about NAS Pensacola. That and Perdido Key 20 years ago. It's kinda sad how it's all built up now, but I'm sure it's still fun.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

SCREW OFFICERS!!!! AND SCREW THE NAVY.... but if thats what she wants... whatever

Spoken like a true disgruntled Marine.

-break-

Too Cool. I'll reiterate what has already been said. MAKE SURE SHE GOES AVIATION! Yea i'm yelling it, she needs to hear that loud and clear.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

Just got off the phone with my sis! She just checked into her temporary home (hotel room) for the next couple of nights in Pensacola! She plans on getting to know the area a little bit and try running in the humid air (keep in mind she came from dry heat and high altitude) before checking in at OCS on Saturday!
~skysprite