spiccoli

is it too early for hurricane katrina jokes?

Who cares? Nobody squawks when black commedians blurt out "white people" jokes. What's the difference?

Sigh...that still doesn't make it right.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Well, if they can make jokes about the space shuttle blowing up - then HK shouldn't be a stretch.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

oh umm okay yea that ones not to good, maybe you need a prop :D

Twardo... you dont see them at night cause they are just waiting in the shadows for another storm, they havent gone shopping since katrina :|

Okay, I'm not even going to read the rest of this before I reply, Thats straight up offensive.

Do you really believe 2 bad jokes equal a good one and add on to it? You said you have bad taste, but for the love of ____, get real.

The original joke wasn't funny--It was lead. The OP accepted that and some including you related to 9/11 jokes. I've heard some 9/11 jokes but not any that laughed at others with the usage of 'they'. Like we're DIFFERENT.

Shame on you. Shame, shame shame!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Who cares? Nobody squawks when black commedians blurt out "white people" jokes. What's the difference?

I think 'white people' jokes are lame as hell if they involve dead Americans. Dance funny, walk funny, eat a lot of mayo...I can giggle.

Dead and the govt doesn't give a shit and if 'they' were considered a melting icecap?? I don't think so. There's a difference.~~April

Spicooli,

I'd go with #1 & 2. I wouldn't go with #3 unless you have experience in that (or you are Jewish cause a lot of your material seems to be on those who are not respected by the status quo.

Maybe you should get more material out of your own life. I've done standup and missed a few good casting calls because I was busy makng jokes instead of talking about what I actually have been through.

If you want to tighten #5 where woman can understand it (you DO want to have a broader audience) fine tune that one. But #4 is lead.

Break a leg ~~April

You make a joke about white people, it's considered funny. You make a joke about black people, and it's considered racist. Double standards make me want to puke.

Try starting WET (White Entertainment Television) or a Miss White America pagent and see how many injuctions are filed against you for being racist.

/rant

well, to be fair, April DIDN'T make the joke.

I agree that there is a double standard but you may be directing your comments in the wrong direction.

April was commenting on the OP's joke. It wasn't in bad taste because of the hurricane, it was in bad taste because it was racist.

Sometimes racial humor is funny but not in this case.

EDIT TO CLARIFY:
By Racial humor I mean
"White guys do this, Black guys do that" type of jokes.
My photos

My Videos

You make a joke about white people, it's considered funny. You make a joke about black people, and it's considered racist. Double standards make me want to puke.

Try starting WET (White Entertainment Television) or a Miss White America pagent and see how many injuctions are filed against you for being racist.

/rant

context.
There is nothing to laugh at BUT each other.

If you want to get technical, Miss America was won by 'white' women until Vanessa Williams won (and its too late for me to look up the year. Look it up yourself and find out what the genetic makeup was for the winners previous, if you want to know. I don't care).
WET? (giggle) the White Entertainment Network? Lets try NBC, ABC, CBS for starters. I actually LIKE CMT cause its funny.

But I don't see any of those affiliations acting irresponsibly and making fun of dead Americans. Americans, no fucking prefix.

And I did NOT make a joke about white people. I mentioned a few stereotypes. I never said that you were hiding in bushes waiting for the next snowstorm so you can come out and loot if you showed the browns of your eyes (or teeth) OR die and be considered an 'ice flow'.

nice rant. Now come up with something substantial.~~April

I just hit the first reply button I saw. I wasn't directing my comments to her post. It was just a general rant spurred by the overall thread.

I just think people of ALL races need to stop being so overly sensitive about race jokes. I find some white jokes funny and some black jokes funny. Some mexican jokes funny, and some asian jokes funny.. There are some of each I don't think are funny. If people don't tell the jokes with intention of offending someone, you're a oversensitive idiot if you are offended by it in my opinion.

Again, not directed at anyone in this thread. Just a general statement. *grin*

i'm from new orleans

My condolences.... :P *not a katrina joke - just pokin fun at ya*

Been there once, the week before MG...Brennan's, Cafe du Monde.... good times, good times...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

i'm from new orleans

Been there once, the week before MG...Brennan's, Cafe du Monde.... good times, good times...

I live in south Mississippi and I usually avoid New Orleans. The last time I was there I got my wallet stolen by a pickpocket during Mardi Gras because I was stopped under a balcony looking at titties. lol My own fault... but still.

i'm from new orleans

right on, brennans you say, my boy dave used to wait tables at that joint, one time an old lady asked one of the black waiters if they served crackers, he replied "mam we serve everybody" dude I fell out laughing at that shit:D good times indeed
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Okay, I can accept that you hit the reply button but didn't mean anything directed towards what I was saying. I quote others in my posts and I'll accept you reacted to the inflamatory nature of the converstaion.

I have theoretrical views on 'laughter' after studying filmmaking and making ' the art of 'show' my life's interest. Comedy is self-defacing, embarrassing and makes light of the uncomfortable, but there are lines. If you don't believe me, watch 'Borat' .

My point is mass catastrophe is not an opportunity to bring out petty racial slurs against anyone, especially our countrymen. ~~April

Okay, I can accept that you hit the reply button but didn't mean anything directed towards what I was saying. I quote others in my posts and I'll accept you reacted to the inflamatory nature of the converstaion.

I have theoretrical views on 'laughter' after studying filmmaking and making ' the art of 'show' my life's interest. Comedy is self-defacing, embarrassing and makes light of the uncomfortable, but there are lines. If you don't believe me, watch 'Borat' .

My point is mass catastrophe is not an opportunity to bring out petty racial slurs against anyone, especially our countrymen. ~~April

I'm one of those people that thought Borat was hilarious and pure genius. People only got offended that were involved because they didn't know what he was doing. I can understand some of them getting upset at the time because they thought he intended to offended them and didn't realize what he was doing. But those same people should have dropped all notions of such once they realized what was going on.

I agree with you about joking about mass catastrophes. My house was demolished. I'm in law enforcement, so I had to help guard what was left (in the same uniform without a shower for a week and a half)and stop looters all while not knowing where my family was or if they were alive. Found myself going through piles of bodies hoping I wouldn't find a familiar face. It's not an experience I could ever understand anyone joking about racial or otherwise.

Outside of the disaster, I see no problem with race jokes on my race or anyone else's.

It made me laugh and thats what matters to me. I find humor in most every thing, if you have a issue with me because of that then that is your own issues and not my own. You can not dictate what I should and should not find humor in. Oh yes people in new orleans were "different" they were shooting each other and looting during a hurricane. Ive been through many, Ive never sat there and said "oh hurricanes a coming, momma needs a new plasma tv..."

I choose to not get into pissing contests anymore, your entitled to your opinion just as I am. Have a lovely day.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I'm one of those people that thought Borat was hilarious and pure genius. People only got offended that were involved because they didn't know what he they was were doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fixed it for you! :)

It made me laugh and thats what matters to me. I find humor in most every thing, if you have a issue with me because of that then that is your own issues and not my own.
* I got no issues with you. I don't know you. I found serious offense in what you said and I considered it shameful that you would say something that ignorant.

You can not dictate what I should and should not find humor in.
*I don't care what you laugh at, but when you put it out in public its open to reply.

Oh yes people in new orleans were "different" they were shooting each other and looting during a hurricane.
*Funny, here they showed a lot of people sitting on porches with shotguns just waiting toshoot the first person to come to their yards. Or does 'each other' mean something different to you?

Ive been through many, Ive never sat there and said "oh hurricanes a coming, momma needs a new plasma tv..."
*You miss your own point. Thats not what you said that offended me. What offended me was that you said 'they' were hiding in the dark waiting for the next storm so we can go 'shopping' again. I find this offensive as a woman of color, as a person who works for a living, as someone who has compassion to those whos businesses were destroyed and those who lost their homes and families. ALL of them I pray that I am never put in the position where my entire city loses its structure and I'm forced to go on animal instincts.

I choose to not get into pissing contests anymore, your entitled to your opinion just as I am.
* I have no problem with you, I have a problem with what you put in thread. I think that was a momentary lapse of judgment for you. We have skulls to keep things IN so they don't go spilling all over the place. But thats okay, I now know how you think and I'll act accordingly from here on out.

Have a lovely day.
*And a lovely day to you, too, sweetie. ~~April

What offended me was that you said 'they' were hiding in the dark waiting for the next storm so we can go 'shopping' again. I find this offensive as a woman of color

When I say they I dont mean black people. There are white people and mexicans and other races in new orleans that migrated, and looters are an equal opp position. I read over what I have said and I do not even imply I am talking about just black people. You feel offended for something you assume I meant... they = people from new orleans...And as far as them being forced to go on animal instincts, since when does a hurricane mean its time to steal tvs, and other "toys" ? Anyone stealing food or emergancy supplies at that time fine but the fuckers who decided they wanted to take advantage and get stuff that was a pleasure item like alot did have no compassion from me.

Just to reiderate I didnt bring race into my posts, I said they, as in those from new orleans.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this