aprilcat

Is This a Real Drink?

I'm wondering, if you just mixed a drink and liked it, does it have to have a name? I have a weird little combo I like:

3 icecubes
4-6 olives
3/4 orange juice
1/4 (two fingers?) vodka
splash of grapefruit juice
and a straw is necessary. A bendy straw if possible.

I don't think I could get that if I ordered it out, but some friends have had it and liked it, even with olives.~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I've dumped some OJ in a martini before......or was it olives in a screwdriver, anyway it tasted pretty real....

just in case.........my OJ was not guilty;):D

:D:D
You throw things in your drinks too? You sound like fun. A while back I suggested to someone they try grapefruit juice with Captain Morgan. I think that drink was guilty! I haven't heard from the guy since. (it may have been Cocheese, but he ain't saying!)~~April

I'm wondering, if you just mixed a drink and liked it, does it have to have a name? I have a weird little combo I like:

3 icecubes
4-6 olives
3/4 orange juice
1/4 (two fingers?) vodka

I don't think I could get that if I ordered it out, but some friends have had it and liked it, even with olives.~~April

Why not name it? How about the aprilcat ... I can hear the conversation in the bar already ...

"Hi there, Mr. Bartender, can I get an aprilcat please, with a bendy straw ... oh, and an umbrella. It's summer after all!"

:D:D:D
'Shell

fresh, sweet, ripe, grapefruits like right off the tree in the backyard;)

couple big ass half gal. bottles of el capitan

some bluebell natural vanilla bean ice cream

and a blender.

think we've dubbed that one capt. nemo, for its ability to sneak up and destroy your ship.......:D

disclaimer: this cocktail is rediculous, you will not realize that you have consumed several bottles of rum before it is too late. please have plenty bottles on hand so nobody involved gets a wild hair in the ass to go fetch some mo!!!B|

edited to add: dont forget the little umbrella jobs, boat drinks served;)

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

I made mango martinis the other night. They were fabulous. You should try those some time too!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm sure my mother (God rest her soul) KNEW there'd be a drink named after me one day. B|
~~April

Cheers to your mom! :)
And so it is named, in your mother's memory ... the aprilcat -- I think a cute "meow" and a little "scratch" in the air is called for when one is ordered. Shouldn't a REAL drink have some form of charades to go along with it??? :D:D
'Shell

Cheers to your mom!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heehee..trust me, mom would NOT appreciate it, she was the type that thought one drink was too many for anybody.

I take after my dad. He'd raise a glass for it and mom can scowl at us both :ph34r:

I think a cute "meow" and a little "scratch" in the air is called for when one is ordered. Shouldn't a REAL drink have some form of charades to go along with it???
Oh I was doing that anyway. Doesn't everyone paw the air and meow for another round? No? Just me? :D~~April

Yes, surprisingly enough! Just cut up 3 mangos, put them in a quart jar that has a lid and add 2 cups of vodka. Let it sit in a cool, dry place for 2-3 days. Then, just put them in one of those shaker things with ice, shake it up, strain into a glass that's been rimmed with sugar and add a lime for garnish. Very yummy!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think a cute "meow" and a little "scratch" in the air is called for when one is ordered. Shouldn't a REAL drink have some form of charades to go along with it???
Oh I was doing that anyway. Doesn't everyone paw the air and meow for another round? No? Just me? :D~~April

Ah ... yeah ... just you do that ... uh huh ... yep ... only you ... :):)

:D:D:D

<.......meow.......>

:P
'Shell

I've never had a drink with icecream in it before. I think you're pulling my leg. Or my straw. :)

not at all, I have seen people screw up a capt nemo before though, because they scored some grapefruits at the supermarket.

granted not everyone has a grapefruit tree in the yard, myself included.

if the supermarket ones are the only available, then put a bunch of em in a paper bag ontop the fridge for about a week. when nice and ripe, peel em and freeze the wedges individually. add your capt and bluebell, blend smooth, pour and add the brella for effect.

happy summertime, good times are imminent:)
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

Yes, surprisingly enough! Just cut up 3 mangos, put them in a quart jar that has a lid and add 2 cups of vodka. Let it sit in a cool, dry place for 2-3 days. Then, just put them in one of those shaker things with ice, shake it up, strain into a glass that's been rimmed with sugar and add a lime for garnish. Very yummy!

I'm going to do this for an upcoming film festival we're having in the park..blankets..big screen..I don't know how to get sugar on plastic cups, but we'll manage. I'll let you know and THANKS. It sounds delicious!~~April

3 icecubes
4-6 olives
3/4 orange juice
1/4 (two fingers?) vodka

I only have some 'Flavor Straws'... will those work? They bend!

Chuck

I had to think about that. What are you doing with Flavor Straws? Aren't those like Pixie Stix?!! You can't put Pixie Stix near alcoholic drinks, thats illegal (I think, unless you're mixing some Red Bull in, which I would never ever do!)~~April

fresh, sweet, ripe, grapefruits like right off the tree in the backyard;)

couple big ass half gal. bottles of el capitan

some bluebell natural vanilla bean ice cream

and a blender.

think we've dubbed that one capt. nemo, for its ability to sneak up and destroy your ship.......:D

disclaimer: this cocktail is rediculous, you will not realize that you have consumed several bottles of rum before it is too late. please have plenty bottles on hand so nobody involved gets a wild hair in the ass to go fetch some mo!!!B|

edited to add: dont forget the little umbrella jobs, boat drinks served;)

you blend the grapefruit up in the drink no?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Well when I used to offroad my nick name was Capt. Nemo because I sunk a number of trucks. I thought the drink was fitting.

But we don't have grapefruit trees in backyard, nor in CT. I also don't have 10 days to have grapefruit go bad on my fridge, because I wanted to drink this tomorrow. [:/]

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Well when I used to offroad my nick name was Capt. Nemo because I sunk a number of trucks. I thought the drink was fitting.

But we don't have grapefruit trees in backyard, nor in CT. I also don't have 10 days to have grapefruit go bad on my fridge, because I wanted to drink this tomorrow. [:/]

Hi, Neighbor! Do what everyone else up here does--get it from the vegetable stand and sit it in a paper bag overnight or let Tropicana handle it (juice, and pretend you're in the tropics). I still want to know how that icecream works out in the Nemo:)
I'm going to try Skymama's Mango Martinis..no blenders involved and the leftover fruit will be very interesting. ~~April

I don't know how to get sugar on plastic cups, but we'll manage.

Run the lime around the rim of the cup to make it moist so the sugar will stick. We stuck our martini glasses in the freezer to chill them but I guess you can't do that in the park!

I had to think about that. What are you doing with Flavor Straws? Aren't those like Pixie Stix?!! You can't put Pixie Stix near alcoholic drinks, thats illegal (I think, unless you're mixing some Red Bull in, which I would never ever do!)~~April

_____________________________-

I don't know, they've been in the cabinet for years. You're right... they wouldn't work.

Chuck