rhys

new relative workshop product?

Titanium hardware?

Derek

Are you proposing being able to just order Ti hw when you order a rig? That just isn't right! >:( Skydivers should continue to be required to earn their Ti hw the old-fashioned way; By pounding themselves into the ground under perfectly good parachutes!
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My money is on closing pins on their riser covers.:P

If the reserve is packed well and the rig is sized right the riser covers almost never come open. I almost never have a problem with mine. (Maybe 1 in 500 walks to the plane result in open riser covers)

I want a new vector, I guess I will wait to even think about it till I hear about whats new.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If the reserve is packed well and the rig is sized right the riser covers almost never come open. I almost never have a problem with mine. (Maybe 1 in 500 walks to the plane result in open riser covers)

I want a new vector, I guess I will wait to even think about it till I hear about whats new.

If everyone waited to purchase, on every rumor of a "new-and-improved" Vector, Relative Workshop would not get any orders, and go out of business...Therefore, no "new-and-improved" rig would ever make it to market. Buy now, so that we may continue to afford the research and testing required to bring any new product to market. Three quarters of the new ideas I come up with don't work out anyway, and are therefore never marketed. So there is no telling when anything really new will appear on my gear.

I heard it was a special container that pocks that has room for a CD player and internet acess.

So that way you can jam to the tunes and look for updates to your gear.

Really, each contianer will have special RF chip that will send a signal when the rig needs to be repacked either the main or reserve and some rigger will show up like those G**k squad folks.

Enjoy....;)

;)
;)

;)
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

If everyone waited to purchase, on every rumor of a "new-and-improved" Vector, Relative Workshop would not get any orders, and go out of business...Therefore, no "new-and-improved" rig would ever make it to market. Buy now, so that we may continue to afford the research and testing required to bring any new product to market. Three quarters of the new ideas I come up with don't work out anyway, and are therefore never marketed. So there is no telling when anything really new will appear on my gear.

hehe :) I don't even have a skyhook on my rig and I really want one of them (I know I can have it added but am just going to wait to get it when I get another rig)

I'm hoping to have some extra cash this winter though!
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I found out it's a new material for keeping riser covers closed and secure, it will replace tuck tabs.
A name for this material was finally decided---it's called v e l c r o.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

I found out it's a new material for keeping riser covers closed and secure, it will replace tuck tabs.

In a lot of ways, Velcro is superior to tuck tabs. Most of our military customers have realized this, and order Velcro exclusively. The grass always seems greener....until you actually get to the other side of the fence, and see that there is crab grass over there too.

Everyone see this months parachutist (I forgot the page, but its a 2 page ad)? Cats out of the bag now. Spacer foam back padding. I saw it on a rig a month or 2 ago, and had previously asked about it (WAY LONG AGO) and was told it was in works. Well here it is. $150 intro offer. ;)

Not so much a product, as an option, but it wasnt my business to spill the beans. ;) Now that its out.... I might drop an order for that new vector I need. If only I had $$.

Derek

We made it in our Advance system and it works well. The first company to install this is Performance Variable.
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

In a lot of ways, Velcro is superior to tuck tabs. Most of our military customers have realized this, and order Velcro exclusively. The grass always seems greener....until you actually get to the other side of the fence, and see that there is crab grass over there too.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Velcro seems more labour-intensive in the short-term, because it has to be replaced every 100 or 200 jumps.
Tuck tabs only seem less labour-intensive. Granted, tuck tabs last longer, but when they finally wear out, they are a royal pain to replace, usually requiring factory patterns and factory-weight sewing machines and Maria - who sews a hundred tuck tabs per day. So when tuck tabs finally break, the rig often has to return to the factory for repairs. May be not a big issue for Americans, but a customs, shipping, etc. make the repair a royal pain if the rig has to cross borders.

I so want the magnet riser covers!

I'm curious how much testing was done in relation to all of our instruments? AADs, Neptunes, Protracks, AFF radios, video helmets, aircraft instruments, etc. From what I've heard, the magnents used in RWS' new riser covers are VERY strong, strong enough that they snap back in place after opening.

Atleast gear racks will be MUCH cheaper since you could just stick your rig to the hanger wall.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I've been playing with magnetic riser covers for quite a while now. In the current version we are now offering, they seem to answer all the complaints I've heard about riser covers for years now.

1. They hold with the same force, no matter how much "riser stuff" you put under them, and no matter how high or low your rig sits on your back, yet seem incapable of "locking up" the way tuck tabs sometimes do under light loads.

2. They don't wear out, or tear up webbing like Velcro does.

3. No test jumper has had one come open yet.

4. They very often actually re-close themselves after opening.

5. Through the amazing healing properties of magnets, they actually cure shoulder and neck injuries caused by hard opening shocks.

(I don't really believe #5...but some people probably will.)

Thankyou for your post, but have you done any testing with the reaction to all the electronic gear that skydivers tend to have on or around them now days?

How mad will someone be when their $200 digital altimeter/log book dies due to the magnets? Or interferience with a side mount camera? Or Vigils get even more misfires due to magnets?

I'm not saying that it WILL happen, but has it been tested?

4. They very often actually re-close themselves after opening.

5. Through the amazing healing properties of magnets, they actually cure shoulder and neck injuries caused by hard opening shocks.

(I don't really believe #4...but some people probably will.)

Yeah, #4 does seem a bit far fetched.

Dave

You should, however, keep them at least 6'' away from the aircraft compass.

Ok, that's what I was wondering. Thank you.

So I guess those rigs will be hard to use in a 182 if you're sitting in the "student" position.