rhys

new relative workshop product?

Ok. Caus' my dad is planning on buying one of your rigs, with Skyhook, and Im going to tell him about this to. Only 25$ more isnt much considering the total price of a new rig. Dont know when he's planning on ordering it, but guess sometime next month through a shop in Norway.
A skydiver's famous last words:
- Hey! Hold my beer, and watch this...!
- If that guy can do it, so can I...!
- In 9 out of 10 this will work out just fine. Don't worry about it...!

What about commercial air travel? I know ThinkGeek sells sets of iron-neodymium-boron rare-earth magnets, and one of the warnings that they give is that they are safe for air travel as packaged, but in general they should not be taken on planes.

Has anyone looked into whether this could have any effect on whether this might affect carriage of a rig on normal commercial flights? A quick google search turned up a page on the QANTAS website about dangerous materials that had a reference to "magnetised materials" as being one class of dangerous goods.

many snowboarding Jackets use magnets instead of velcro for the wind flap that goes over the main zip.

I have taken my jacket through customs many times and on the plane with me. I imagine there would be no worries even the rare chance that they would pick up on it.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

What is the pull strength on the riser cover magnets on the sigma? I notice there are a lot of different magnets out there at rare earth magnets.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I seem to recall the bearded one touting 5lbs of force was necessary to pull the risers free on deployment.