rhys

new relative workshop product?

I was told by a relative workshop rep here at the world meet that somthing very exiting is to be released by the relative workshop in the next month or so, and tha it will be the talk of town so to say.

I wonder what it is? anyone got any leaks?

an new rig would be cool.

????????????????????????????????????????????????
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I heard the same thing a couple of months ago - an imminent 'exciting thing'. I'm sure there's one on the way, but it's just putting people of buying until they know what it is because - as it might be worth waiting for!

---------------------------------------
Ex-University of Bristol Skydiving Club
www.skydivebristoluni.com

I was told by a relative workshop rep here at the world meet that somthing very exiting is to be released by the relative workshop in the next month or so, and tha it will be the talk of town so to say.

HHHHMMMM, I wonder, perhaps its the skyhook to other mfgrs(who cooperate) finaly?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I was told by a Relative Workshop rep here at the world meet that something very exiting is to be released by the relative workshop in the next month or so, and that it will be the talk of town so to say.

HHHHMMMM, I wonder, perhaps its the skyhook to other mfgrs(who cooperate) finally?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Okay!
We now have a basis for rumours.
Rumors, rumors, rumors ...
Rumors are way more fun than the truth.
Let's speculate about which "other" manufacturer will be the first licensed to install Skyhooks in their products.

My guess is: Sun Path (Javelin) since they have cooperated with RWS and PD for military sales - via CPS - for several years now.

Let's speculate about which "other" manufacturer will be the first licensed to install Skyhooks in their products.

That's pretty obvious. The Jav will be the first rig with the Skyhook.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

RWS wont be releasing another manufacturers rig with a skyhook... The other manufacturer would release that, RWS would only release the news of the licensing, but that has already been done. Although they will be making some licensing $$$ of it, I doubt they would also call it an exciting release either. I have an idea what it is.... I have heard about it from the "Booth" a while ago and saw a rig with it (an RWS rig) a couple weekends ago. Although it has been long in the making - I asked about it, I think more than a year ago and was told "shortly". ;) But what fun would it be for me to let the cat out of the bag....

I have heard about it from the "Booth" a while ago and saw a rig with it (an RWS rig) a couple weekends ago. Although it has been long in the making - I asked about it, I think more than a year ago and was told "shortly". ;)

By chance are you refering to the main canopy tracking system for locating a cutaway?
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

By chance are you refering to the main canopy tracking system for locating a cutaway?

Isn't that a George Galloway product? I'm working from memory as I'm having difficulty locating any info about it and I don't have a copy of Skydiving in front of me.

What I heard was that Bill Booth is selling RWS to RiggerMick.:)

Too fuckin funny!!! Bill is my illigitmate dad! I think he hates me, but is also proud of me! Wierd world huh?

;)
Mick.

Dads are sometimes like that with kids they can't claim in public.:P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

In Reply To

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that a George Galloway product? I'm working from memory as I'm having difficulty locating any info about it and I don't have a copy of Skydiving in front of me.

It's called ParaTelemetry, and more information can be found at

http://www.paratelemetry.com

Most likely, you will see it integrated into rigs at Symposium 2007 in January at Reno, but some may come out with it before that. All of the container makers listed on the ParaTelemetry site are developing their own adaptations.

Art Sherry (Skydive Store) has been travelling with a demo unit, and he has repeatedly reported that reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.

George Galloway

I would definitely start saving up some $$ for a new Vector!!

Since the cat is half out of the bag now I'll let everyone in on it(Sorry Bill). RWS has developed a new, self packing Vector thats takes the work out of packing. As an added bonus, all new Vectors will come with the improved pull up cord which now incorporates a new quick release mechanism. These new units will only be sold in limited quantities as they are made in the new RWS off shore factory located next to Willie's Chocolate factory.....Seriously, the new stuff is really cool:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I would definitely start saving up some $$ for a new Vector!!

Since the cat is half out of the bag now I'll let everyone in on it(Sorry Bill). RWS has developed a new, self packing Vector thats takes the work out of packing. As an added bonus, all new Vectors will come with the improved pull up cord which now incorporates a new quick release mechanism. These new units will only be sold in limited quantities as they are made in the new RWS off shore factory located next to Willie's Chocolate factory.....Seriously, the new stuff is really cool:)

I'm sorry, but as a packer, this is just unacceptable. I think the packers will have to unionize and sue for loss of wages....>:(
Scars remind us that the past is real