Elisha

Reserve Pack Volume Chart

I have been unable to find any signifficant bulk difference between The PD160 and the Optimum 160. Nor can I find a difference between the two models on any other size. We measure the volumn of all new canopies when they come in and we haven't bothered to publish Optimim data because we don't see a difference. Some are a little bigger than the PD and some are a little smaller. All within the manufacturing variations.
I would be interested to hear what "Chrisat13000ft "has learned and where he learned it.

I found a chart on the last few pages of the PD reserve owners manual.
The chart showed a difference of some 30 c/in (optimum being smaller)
But yea, ive also heard from various riggers that there is not much in it.
I was only asking bacause i have a Javelin J1KL container with a PD143 reserve. Sunpath say it is designed for a 143 - 150 reserve but will easily take the Optimum 160 because of the low pack volume. I have an old rig with a PD160r in it.. So wanted to see what the difference was...

Most of them that I've seen look to be fairly correct in relation to other sizes.....just keep an eye out for the outlier numbers skewed pack volumes such as the PD Optimum 99 apparently has larger pack volume than a PD Optimum 193.......

Sure the Optimum 99 packing conditions may have been dry and the material came from a different batch but still......It's got to be a simple typing mistake somehow
For info regarding lift ticket prices all around the world check out
http://www.jumpticketprices.com/dropzones.asp