bisqit999

Any spider experts here????

It's definitely a female guarding her eggsac, but I don't think its a tarantula, though it is a therphosid. I've posted a copy of your photo on a tarantula and arachnid forum and I'll let you know what the real experts come up with.
I just spent four days at the American Tarantula Society Conference in Phoenix.
I've now got 19 spiders. All are tarantulas (15 different species) except one, which is a three-inch trapdoor spider with ATTITUDE.
There are a number of large spiders which are not tarantulas finding there way into the critter hobby, but I've never seen one, or a photo of one that looks like what you posted. It's always possible that it is some relatively new species that was recently discovered. There are now an estimated 850 different kinds of tarantulas ... and more being described each year.
Large spiders typically take 4-6 weeks to incubate their eggsacs.
Zing Lurks

I did some checking with some folks who know spiders. Apparently, its a type of huntsman spider, most likely from Malaysia and they are being sold in the pet industry as giant crab spiders.
If the eggsac is fertile, you're roomate should have several hundred eggs with legs somewhere between 45 and 60 days after the female spider made the eggsac.
Zing Lurks

One of these (o.k., it's not a spider) showed up at a local DZ a few years ago and freaked everyone out; they thought it had come in on a bunch of bananas. The color in this random Google-grab seems off; I think it's a lot greener. It's about 2 -2 1/2 inches long.

Turns out it's fairly common. Name it, and for extra credit, supply the name it's known by in larval stage (more common.)

(It may be a regional thing.)

HW

That would be a dobsonfly, Corydalus cornutus. The males have long, forcept-like mandibles, but the females can bite harder! The larvae are large predacious aquatic insects known as hellgrammites.

What did I win?
Zing Lurks

It's definitely a female guarding her eggsac, but I don't think its a tarantula, though it is a therphosid. I've posted a copy of your photo on a tarantula and arachnid forum and I'll let you know what the real experts come up with.
I just spent four days at the American Tarantula Society Conference in Phoenix.
I've now got 19 spiders. All are tarantulas (15 different species) except one, which is a three-inch trapdoor spider with ATTITUDE.
There are a number of large spiders which are not tarantulas finding there way into the critter hobby, but I've never seen one, or a photo of one that looks like what you posted. It's always possible that it is some relatively new species that was recently discovered. There are now an estimated 850 different kinds of tarantulas ... and more being described each year.
Large spiders typically take 4-6 weeks to incubate their eggsacs.

19 spiders? That is freaky.........spiders are the worst! Did you hear about that guy in Germany a few years ago that had converted his entire house into a freakish jungle? He had snakes and spiders and all kinds of freaky things running wild....They found him dead of a spider bite! I looked for info on the net but could not find any.......crazy.:P

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"