bisqit999

Any spider experts here????

Can anyone tell what species this is? Has anyone ever seen one of these? A friend of mine picked it up at some random petstore.....he's a "spider expert" and can't identify it. Anyone know?

can't open the file either..:(
Arizona only has two seasons, Hot and HOTTER!

[/url]www.whatsthatbug.com/spiders.html[url]

try here

I think it is the adult version of the baby bead spider, very common in pet stores.
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

sorry, forget the antennae. was reading my book wrong. land crustaceans have antennae.

whats the white thing it's sitting on?

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Can anyone tell what species this is? Has anyone ever seen one of these? A friend of mine picked it up at some random petstore.....he's a spider expert and can't identify it. Anyone know?

It's cute! I want one.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Looks like those camel spiders the guys in Iraq took pics of. Some of them are bigger than a mans boot.

How big do you think a man's boot is? 6"?

Scroll Down to see their specs

I might have been wrong before . . . Do Tarantulas spin webs, I seem to remember that they don't.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Looks like those camel spiders the guys in Iraq took pics of. Some of them are bigger than a mans boot.

they are more of a desert brown color and have a hard outer shell. They also jump! It looks tarantula-ish to me. Did the pet store not know what they were selling?
I'm the twist that turns your key....

It's obviously a tarantula, as Clint mentioned, but I'm having trouble placing it. If not for the more almond-shaped abdomen, I'd say it was a Pterinochilus chordatus. I'll keep looking.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

It's obviously a tarantula, as Clint mentioned, but I'm having trouble placing it. If not for the more almond-shaped abdomen, I'd say it was a Pterinochilus chordatus. I'll keep looking.

I edited a post a few back - are we sure that tarantulas spin webs?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

"Looks like those camel spiders the guys in Iraq took pics of. Some of them are bigger than a mans boot."

Camel spiders aren't that big. Just use google and you can find out about them. They are 5-6 inches at their biggest. Take a close look at that picture, and you can see it's a bit of an optical illusion. Look at the guy's sleeve who is holding the spider for a good reference point. These are scary animals, though. I'd hate to find one in my sleeping bag. :)

They typically don't spin snare webs, but they will line their habitats with web, as well as covering their egg masses with it. Funnel-web tarantulas (much smaller than regular tarantulas) spin snare webs.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

They typically don't spin snare webs, but they will line their habitats with web, as well as covering their egg masses with it. Funnel-web tarantulas (much smaller than regular tarantulas) spin snare webs.

Ok - it's been a while since I handled the little buggers.

I did have a nice mexican brown for a while. He just stood there on my shoulder as I went and inspected the new cadets rooms in the morning. Kinda freaked em out a little.