yardhippie

High milage drivers speak up!

1997 Volvo WIA - 945,806

1992 Dodge Dakota - 340,000....when I got rid of it.

1982 Ford Bronco - 588,000 - on 3rd engine, 2nd transmission. :)
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

My favorite car ever! I had an '89 Volvo 240 that I sold with just over 315,000 on it. I put about 3/4 of those miles on it while in college in Cincinnati making several trips a month to Atlanta and New York City. Only sold it because I moved to NYC after college. It was a champ until I moved there, but it didn't hold up well only being driven a few times a month.

My main repair on that thing was a computer replacement. That one hurt, but everything else was just routine wear and tear.
Killing threads since 2004.

My Honda Prelude had over 200K on it.

My Acura Vigor had around 180K on it.

I've put 50K on my 4 Runner in 2 years.

The Vigor, that is an unusual one.

My '89 Civic has 225K on it, still going strong.

The '96 Odyssey has only 130K, it is like new.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I had a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee that I ran to 230K until the tranny died on me. It was all on the original engine, and mechanics would praise the quality of the engine, they kept telling me it looked new.

Now I have a Jeep Cherokee that has about 150K on it, aqnd is still running great
-Sutton

19and87 JEEP wrangler YJ 536,499 and halfway between 6&7 tenths of a mile reads on the odometer. actual mileage unknown, have not had a driven gear in the speedometer cable since 2003

bought in 1989 like new from dealer w/8,000 something mi.

orig factory 258ci 4.2L running unchoked and unrestricted since then all vacum. exhaust recirc. bullshit misc. wires/hoses were removed to allow the motor to run like it was intended to. ign. replaced w/MSD 6al off road in mid 90's, besides it, nothing else electric except headlights and stereo.

orig. oem ba10 peugeot 5speed manual trans. 1 rebuild for regear, 1 for re-weld case and shift guides to shift rails for bullet proofing.

current exhaust shorty header(headman) straight pipe w/cherry bomb glaspac. only modif/rep. twice

current shoe size 35x12.5 on ar15x10 rims w/7.5in. suspension lift modified and rewelds at least 5 times due to rollovers and crashes whilst wheelin.

orig axles. dana's 35rear 30front regeared to 4.55's for the big feets, detroit locker in rear w/full float. arb air locker in front w/super 30 conver. n/p 207 transfer case orig. from factory just fluid changes.

stripped out interior herculiner and alum. diamond plate.

she loves to get dirty and goes topless. no money in the world could buy her and one of the hardcorest machines to ever roll from the 900block of sixth st. New Orleans LA, U.S.A

she was under water for two days during hurricane katrina, engine,trans,transf. case, axles were drained and relubed and she's still rollin. I miss my old stereo though:D

oh and 4 clutches orig.luk 2 borg's, current centerforce
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

1995 Honda del Sol - 185K on her, original engine

Had a 1989 Honda Civic Hatchback with 219K on it when I sold it... It was still running pretty good at that point... :P

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

1987 Chevrolet S10 Blazer. 306, 247 miles.

it left the assembly line w/359????
we built two 86's mine 2.8, my brothers 4.3 we coulda had 454's in em for the money we spent dikin around with the 6cyl. and the gears to get em to hook. up I spent around $5,000 on mine my brother a little less.
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

88 Toyota pickup. 486,000 miles. Gonna push it out of the skyvan when it reaches a million. All work done by myself. Its on its third set of brake rotors. Pads are free lifetime replacements. Second alternator $100. Second starter ( $250) after rebuilding the first one three times for the cost of copper contacts ( a few dollars). Second radiator $100.

Rebuilt engine at 380k, $900

Rebuilt tranny at 450k, $300

New upholstery, dash and carpet at engine change for less than $1000.

Stripping the body for paint right now should cost less than $600 when done.

And yes the stereo is worth more than the whole truck.

2000 chevy s-10. purchased with 23 miles. Its at 186,000+ miles right now. All mine.

(Edit): Repairs so far... A/C myself 2 times. Transmission at 150K miles and again at 170K miles. I hit a huge rock on the pan breaking the filter and trashing the thing. Pulley tensioner a few months ago. $30 and 20 min of my time. replaced 1 rotor and 2 callipers. Needs new rear leaf springs right now.

I also have a 2003 Suzuki Gsx-R 600 motorcycle with over 25,000 miles on it. Purchased with 0 miles also all mine. No major repairs.

I have cut down on my driving in the last 2 years. I used to put 8-10K miles on the bike per year and anywhere from 25-35K miles per year on the pick-up.

ExPeCt ThE uNeXpEcTeD!
DoNt MiNd ThE tYpOs, Im LaZy On CoRrEcTiOnS!

The Womfish has over 263,000 miles on her. When this (original with an overhaul) engine gets loose and sloppy I'll order one in a crate from Ford along with new injectors and get it put in. It should probably run about what my last tandem canopy cost. :S The only bad break down happened recently on the way to Florida. Fuel pump. >:(. Remember, there's a FORD dealer in every town. Comes in handy sometimes.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

Complete transmission rebuild at 50k courtesy of a national quick oil change franchise

Oh? What did THEY do?

they offered to do the "manufacturer's recommended 50k service" and I accepted. Ten days and one transmission rebuild later, all is well :S

Foggy

I have been that last owner of many cars:$

the reason is that i don't like to spend too much on a vehicle.

The most Kilometres was my 1980 Datsun bluebird,

That thing did nearl 500,000 k's on a single engine and gearbox. I took it off the road because it would have been too expensive to get a C.O.F.

My 1980 toyota corona did 390,000 k'ms when i transferred the engine and gearbox to a different body but someone decided to have a head on collision in fron of me and that was the end of that.

My frieds father is a cabbie in NZ and gets around 1 million k's from his toyotas, his cars are constantly running though 24/7. and 80 % of engine wear is when you start the engine as the oil has not yet circulated. if you warm your car up wit only an idle you will get much more life out of them.

servicing helps too!

The first car to do 1 million k's on its origional engine was the 1974 toyota corolla!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

My Honda Civic is about to hit 200,000. I've had to replace the clutch and the alternator, but I think that's it for major repairs.

I'm about to get a bunch of work done though, brakes, timing belt, fuel filter, muffler, etc.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

95 Dodge Ram 2500HD = 360,000+
98 " " " = 296,000+
72 Chrysler Town & Country Wagon = 340,000+
92 Toyota 4 Runner = 280,000+
98 Dodge Durango = 269,000+
87 Pontiac Grand Am = 198,000
85 TC3 = 235,000
69 Cutlass Supreme = 220,000
72 Barracuda = 218,000
69 Dodge Charger = 350,000+
*My Inner Child is A Fucking Prick Too!
*Everyones entitled to be stupid but you are abusing the priviledge