McBeth

What accent do you have?

Northeast New England

Pegged me. I'm surprised too because I lost the accent when I was a kid.

I pronounce the letter R like a regular person, not the way they do in new england like "ah"

It still nailed me right on the money.
__

My mighty steed

Stupid test said I have a Midland accent.... everyone knows Canadians don't have accents.... sheesh!

Ay?! :D

I think you said that with an accent. I would've said "eh?!" (This is meaningful input from a non-Canadian.)

I kept running that through my head and decided on that 'spelling'. :$ I appreciate the correction.B|
I've asked a few Canadians who I've had the pleasure to meet and they all kinda laughed about it and didn't seem to know of any 'correct' spelling for that expression. I'm still, in the 'dark'.:D

Chuck

Hey, Chuck, I'm not correcting ANYBODY! ;) I'm just teasing you. I've been to Canada ONCE and that was to Montreal (although I get bonus points for that, as it was for a hockey game), so I'm not about to start the Great Canadian Spelling Debate. Those Canadians can spell it any way they want and I'm good with it!

I knew that.:D:D Lotsa extra points for attending a hockey game IN Canada! After all... "It's a Canadian game!":D Was that at The Forum?

Chuck

Midland, which is right on the money. I speak both English and Polish fluently, however, when I'm speaking English you can't tell I know Polish, and vice versa. If midland means you have no accent than I'm guilty

Edited to add: Its funny though, because when I travel to other parts of the country people tell me I have a Chicago accent.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

I took it a couple times again.. and Talked like a Canukian( spent a few days up there dontcha know....)and it pegged Canadian( and it did not even ask me what a tuque was( that was for Shell)

Did it again with the waly I talk when I go to visit kinfolk... yup.. suthern.

I don't have an accent.
:)
Scars remind us that the past is real

Northern

"You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for."

Bullseye. I grew up mostly in Upstate New York.

Midland

("Midland" is not necessarily the same thing as "Midwest") The default, lowest-common-denominator American accent that newscasters try to imitate. Since it's a neutral accent, just because you have a Midland accent doesn't mean you're from the Midland.

Yeeah, I'm special.:$;):ph34r:

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.