TallGuy

No more Boobies!!!

Personally, I keep my clothes at parties (unless its a private party ;)) and dont really pay attention to people who run around naked. Its kind of the same as ignoring a screaming child who is only screaming for attention.
But anyway, I see both sides. I think if youre going to run around naked in public, dont get pissy if your shit ends up on someones camera.
Likewise, if youre taking photos or video, be respectful of your subjects. Keep in mind that photos can turn a relatively innocent situation in to something incriminating for those who have SO's not there. Thats nothing but a pain in the ass.

It has occurred to me to have boogie type T-Shirts made regarding this topic. Perhaps a cartoon depicting someone putting on a show in a camera free crowd and everyone having a blast in one section. In another section show someone covering up and shying from the group as cameras flash away?

I would happily wear a shirt like that.

OK but not everyone runs around naked at parties. Some people just want to take party pictures of their (clothed) friends, and its not right to make people put their cameras up because 5 people are running around naked, jello wrestling, or whatever.

Sorry, but if every boogie or dz party ended up being camera policed because the main event was naked drunken shenanigans, I'd quit going.
If I want to see naked chicks, I'll go to a strip club. If I want to see a naked man.. I'll just pick one and say "take your pants off!"
:) (What? Like that doesnt work! :D)

OK but not everyone runs around naked at parties. Some people just want to take party pictures of their (clothed) friends, and its not right to make people put their cameras up because 5 people are running around naked, jello wrestling, or whatever.

Sorry, but if every boogie or dz party ended up being camera policed because the main event was naked drunken shenanigans, I'd quit going.
If I want to see naked chicks, I'll go to a strip club. If I want to see a naked man.. I'll just pick one and say "take your pants off!"
:) (What? Like that doesnt work! :D)

I agree with wanting cameras for fun pictures... but I think there are certain times when cameras are not appropriate, i.e. naked on the numbers, jello wrestling, or any other naked shenanigans. I get irritated when people are explicitly asked to put cameras away for a certain event and won't listen.

Oh and I've successfully gotten an entire group of guys to drop their pants at a bonfire once just by asking. That was a nice view ;):)

Personally, I keep my clothes on at parties (unless its a private party ;))

Ooooohh, YOU'RE AT THE TOP OF MY INVITATION LIST.:P;) & happy Belated Birthday Best Wishes!B|;)
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

The most egregious example yet of the "chilling effects" that technology has brought us.

When I was in Munich recently, I noticed that there were far fewer sunbathers than there were when I was there back in the 80s.

On a bridge above the park, there were guys with cameras.

That wouldn't be a problem in 1983, but now, a picture can be flashed (heh) around the world in mere seconds.

Sad, really.

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

In my humble opinion, it's not so much the photos themselves, but the fact that with the internet, the photos can be almost immediately available to anyone, including employers. It took folks a while to realize this, but people now are very aware that a couple of compromising pics on the internet can virtually ruin someone's career. Back in the old days, a racy photo might get passed around the DZ and cause some minor embarrassment. Now, the wrong pic can just about destroy someone professionally. Put the cameras away, folks.

Do you & turtle count as 2 separate people?

Only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Yes but Only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Every Other Saturdays
Fixed it for ya!
You're as wonderful as a slinkie!! NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Parties are much tamer in recent years, and I absolutely think cameras have played a role (in addition to us attracting more and more pansy asses via AFF and tandems).

i only did AFF because at my home DZ i have to. and unfortunately its costing me a fortune.
Live Love Learn FLY

The answer is obvious.... More TEQUILA!

Who are the Rodriguez brothers??????

OOh ooh ooh, I know the answer to this one!!! The Rodriguez bros. are me and my friends!!! Do I win?!?!

Dan(Los Orgasmos Rodriguez)

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Damn TallGuy! ... You must be really upset about not seeing enough nakedness in your jello pool. :o:):D

Seriously, I know you are right... I would be less inhibited if cameras were not around... I've had my occasional slip ups.. :S

... but there are a few selected people that I just wouldn't want to see me in all my glory, or I just don't want to "put myself out there" so to speak for certain people... just for the sake, that I don't want to... they gossip a lot, or they are like a brother. :P

Cameras - video and still - are the reason that I did not do my 100th jump naked, haven't done any naked jumps, and why I won't get naked on a DZ.

I agree 100% I think it would be cool to do my 100th naked but, I'm afraid there would be skydivers ready with cameras in the landing area and landing out intentionally, especially naked, is even less appealing.

I also avoided the jello wrestling partly because of my shoulder but, mostly because I didn't want pics of me wrestling in jello in to end up on the internet. I was really afraid if my bikini slipped people would have cameras at the ready.

This problem has become more than just a skydiver one though. In a ski club I belonged to in college we had a big competition every year on our annual out of state ski trip. One of the non-skiing events we have is called dirty dancing. When I first joined skiclub cameras were not allowed and everyone seemed to respect that. Now days every one and there mother has a camera. I never competed in that for the same reason.

So moral of the story is if you want to take a compromising pic of someone make sure it is ok with them first and they are sober enough to not regret it. People also need to take responsibility for there own actions because if you don't want your spouse, significant other, mom or boss to see it don't do it in public because lately every one has a camera.

So people be respectful. Think about it before you take the pic. I want to keep seeing people having a good time and I don't want my camera banned form all boogies cause some people don't know what it means to have class. I have some really meaningful pics of people I only see at boogies and I would never take, share, or post them with out their permission.

That is all:P
Fly like a girl