Gawain

Police mediate over burst condom in brothel

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2007-06-20T163833Z_01_L20635685_RTRIDST_0_OUKOE-UK-GERMANY-BROTHEL.XML

This happened in Germany, where prostitution is legal. A whole new set of circumstances huh? :)
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well, the most likely reason for her to want contact info is in case she becomes pregnant. I wonder if there is any case law (in the US) related to a similar situation. One could argue that since she'sa professional, she should assume all responsibility.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I would be curious to know what the contract actually read.

Other points are that

1. She probably provided said condom. She should be responsible for its failure.

2. He paid not only for the service, but for discretion and anonymity as well.

If she became pregnant, it would be wrong to impose the responsibility of a child on him.

Now... in case there was an STD transmission, for that she should know how to notify him.

I thought about the need to notify him in the event of an STD, but it didn't make sense that sh would call the police in because he wouldn't provide contact info.. Did your read "contact" as "contract"? Because of the way it's worded, it looked like "contract" to me also.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

If she became pregnant, it would be wrong to impose the responsibility of a child on him

This I disagree with. I'm assuming he knows that contraception is not 100%. A child shouldn't have to pay the price because his/her father is a john and the mother a prostitute. The condom broke but he took the risk as did she. Going to a prostitute is obviously a "risky venture" in many ways. Of course, she's probably not pregnant but it does bring up a lot of questions. If I hire a housekeeper to clean my house and she slips and hurts herself in my bathroom am I legally responsible for her injuries?

Gee, I wonder why she's not interested in this:

How do you know she isn't?

and Dobie how do yo know that the condom was the only form of contaception used. I would think a working girl would be clever enough to take other precations
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If she became pregnant, it would be wrong to impose the responsibility of a child on him.

Something i've never quite understood. I believe that in having sex you are surely understanding that there is a chance, no matter how small that you could make a baby, and thus, should be able to deal with the consiquences!

If I hire a housekeeper to clean my house and she slips and hurts herself in my bathroom am I legally responsible for her injuries?

Yes, you could be.

That depends on if you hired her through a service or if you are directly paying her.

If you have a house guest that slips in your bathroom and hurts themselves, you are responsible for their injury as well (through your homeowner's insurance).

I have no comment as to the article mentioned above.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yes, you could be.

That depends on if you hired her through a service or if you are directly paying her.

If you have a house guest that slips in your bathroom and hurts themselves, you are responsible for their injury as well (through your homeowner's insurance).

That's the example I was trying to make. Even though she was hired for "services" it doesn't exempt us from our own responsibilities. Granted, it was a poor example.

Yes, you could be.

That's the example I was trying to make. Even though she was hired for "services" it doesn't exempt us from our own responsibilities. Granted, it was a poor example.

Ah, ok I see...I thought that you were arguing the other way. :$
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.