simplyputsi

Another triathlon down

I didn't do as well as the last one. Well hold on, depends on how you look at it. The numbers don't sound good. 20th out of 33 in my age group. The 3 people in front of me were less than a minute ahead, which i knew as they passed me on the run and I saw their age.

looks like overall i was 188 out of 483, not sure if that is right as they said there were 550 people racing. Maybe some DNF, or DQ'd I dunno, or maybe that includes the teams.

Anyway good news is I dropped 5 minutes from my time against last years time. Could I have done better, I have to say yes. It was just one of those days where no matter what, my body was like I'm not really up to this today. That is when the mind has to take over and basically it was a battle the whole race to stay focused and on tempo.

The swim was mass chaos and during the whole thing I was either running into someone, or being run into. The bike felt like it was constantly uphill, as I remember from last year. The run was alright, but it was getting hot, oh and it was hilly.

When I looked at the results, the only word that came to my mouth was "fuck!" I did well, where did all these other people come from??
I guess some of the better athletes in the area just didn't have anything else to do this weekend.

ok i'm done writing now.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

you, me, some lotion, wait wait, ummmmmm.......;):P

More training is what is next. [:/]
my dumass signed up for the chatanooga waterfront which is a 1.5k swim, 25 mile bike, and 10k run. Yeah that is in two weeks. I should be fine with the swim and bike, but my run has some work to be done.

Skymama's #2 stalker -

you, me, some lotion, wait wait, ummmmmm.......;):P

More training is what is next. [:/]
my dumass signed up for the chatanooga waterfront which is a 1.5k swim, 25 mile bike, and 10k run. Yeah that is in two weeks. I should be fine with the swim and bike, but my run has some work to be done.

Good luck with keeping that polluted Tennessee River water out of your lungs/stomach. :P

Hell, if you're an adventurous sort, why not give that Double Ironman Triathlon in Huntsville, AL a try?? I hear its a REAL BITCH! ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

So, where are the pics of you looking all hot and everything this time? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Ok so here are my pics for all the ladies to see:$:PB|;)

I look funny coming out of the water, I was talking to a friend on the side I believe.

Guy missed me sticking my tongue out on one of the bike pics.

I look like i'm speed walking in my run picture (that foot about to come down is me DONE running).:P

Skymama's #2 stalker -