BillyVance

Pre-Terrible twos

Well, it's about that time now... my little girl has two personalities. She's laughing and giggling one moment, and has a screaming tantrum the next. :S

I swear, she's worse than her mommy! :)

She'll be 15 months old tomorrow, and I am having a dickens of a time getting her to eat much of anything, and when she does get something in her mouth, she spits it out. :|

What really chaps my ass is she will resist and put up a fight when I try to feed her, and after several attempts I finally sneak a spoon in or across her mouth, then she calms down and realizes that tastes good. :S

Of course, a lot of times I have to use the mini-blender to churn up those chunky food bits into mash so she will eat it...

And through all of this, you KNOW your own parents are laughing at you saying "payback's a bitch, ain't it?" :D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What really chaps my ass is she will resist and put up a fight when I try to feed her, and after several attempts I finally sneak a spoon in or across her mouth, then she calms down and realizes that tastes good.

LOL.. They start getting very picky with food at this age. Give her a spoon and let her try it herself. They really start asserting their independence don't they? I usually just put his food on the tray and he eats it with his fingers or his spoon. Also you can try and sneak a bite in as well.
They end up getting what they need though so don't worry. I know it's frustrating .

When they start throwing the food off of the tray they either are all done, not hungry, or bored. I just take him out and try again another time. Check out babycenter.com They have lots of tips, advice, etc.:)

I had to get my son to think it was his idea to eat. I gave him several choices of food and the spoon. It worked for us! Now he's just in a picky stage. He turned 2 in March and I think it's more of a way to control things than an actual fear of trying new foods.
I'm the twist that turns your key....

She seems independent, give her the control to feed herself and see if she does okay. She might not get that much in her belly the first few times but eventually it will work. Also you can dice finger sized veggies and fruits that she doesnt need a spoon to eat. Ive one very picky eater but he is older now and I force him to eat at least 2 bites of everything before he can refuse to eat something.

Oh and you dont have it so bad, its not like you can HEAR the tantrums:D

Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Oh and you dont have it so bad, its not like you can HEAR the tantrums:D

Oh, I can hear them all right, but I can also choose not to. >:(

I'm just not taking the little imp to restaurants with us anymore though... at least until she's figured out how to behave. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm just not taking the little imp to restaurants with us anymore though... at least until she's figured out how to behave

Good call ... I hate when parents let the kids scream in resturants, or movies, etc... She will get it out of her system and if she dont well my kids are currently making shoes for Nike, they get a quarter a week, I think they are still hiring :D
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I'm just not taking the little imp to restaurants with us anymore though... at least until she's figured out how to behave

Good call ... I hate when parents let the kids scream in resturants, or movies, etc... She will get it out of her system and if she dont well my kids are currently making shoes for Nike, they get a quarter a week, I think they are still hiring :D

Hey, be happy I'm not totally deaf and clueless, like my wife. She doesn't have any idea how loud the kid can be until I tell her. ;)