happythoughts

Zhills on the 4th

The weather was fair-to-partly-shitty for a good part of the day.

However, it did clear up around 4:30. Dewey coordinated a visit at the local fairgrounds down the road. Probably the most stoked person that I have seen exit an a/c in 5 years was a young lady. After we landed, she was bouncing around and whooping it up. Great to see someone enjoying life and feeling like a rock star. B|

There was bbq chicken and ribs for dinner and Ellie's birthday cake.

The dz kicked in some cash for fireworks and the M-Bros collected from the locals.

Just after dark, we put up $1000 worth of fireworks.
My fav was the spool of 7000 firecrackers that we unwound. :)
It started out as a few people and then a LOT of people volunteered to do bunches of stuff. A lot of hot and sweaty work, so the help was wildly appreciated.
B|

The drive from Tampa to Z didn't look promising at 7:30 AM.

Talked to a friend about 10AM on the cell and was told you'll get to jump between 11 and 2.

90% of the time I hate it when he is correct.

Thanks to the tandems, load 1 and 2 went up 'tween
that time span. Made 'em both. Not a bad rainy 4th at all.

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

Summertime at zhills usually is hot and sunny till 3pm or so when the daily rain starts. Once the rain passes it usually opens up for a few loads till late sunset, but often everyone is drinking by then (or in our case a couple weekends ago....drying out our canopies until sunset!):P

Bill, sorry I missed the muff fireworks, I am out of town. But I called Igor at 9pm and could hear the noise and lots of people shouting their enjoyment.

Marc

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton