chopchop

Donnie Darko...

Great movie !!! loved every second of it !!!

I must say after watching the lost highway, Donnie Darko seems very plain.

The lost highway is just weird twisted stuff. I wish I actually knew what David Lynch was thinking !!

So I finally got around to watching this movie... a few weeks ago... and I still can't decide whether I liked it or not. :S It was certainly interesting to watch... though at parts I was a bit embarrassed because I was watching it with my 12-year-old nephew... I don't think he could decide if he liked it either, but we both agreed that it was very strange. And we both liked the demonic bunny. >:(

I loved that movie! It's a total mind fuck. The first time I saw it I was sick and I kept having to rewind because I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on. Then I just gave up. I watched it again later and totally got it. Then I watched it with some friends and it was even better.

Some people just don't understand it and that's cool. It's not for everyone.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

well make sure you DO NOT get the directors cut of Donnie Darko....it SUCKS. the stuf they added is not necessary and they cut out the Tears For Fears song at the beginning. >:(
but the theatrical version is awesome. gives you a lot to think about, great story and yeah, i would put it up there with Harold And Maude and Jacob's Ladder.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

What an odd movie.. :|

I loved it - I saw it and then watched the - special extras on the other disk - I also noted that it took just as long to film the movie as it is in time line.

Then I watched again.

Even better the second time.

And then I watched pieces that I wanted to see again . . . like the opening scene - where you see him turn into his street, and see a red Firebird leaving. That was pretty interesting.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I love donnie darko but the director's cut definitely does suck. :(

What is different between that and the regular cut?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun