NWFlyer

The Case of the Mysterious White Powder

Common sense should prevail here. In all likelyhood, if you brought it to the police, and explained it as "found" as opposed to being caught with it, they'd simply write a report and destroy it.
That being said, in my professional opinion, just flush it if you haven't sone so all ready. You're gonna save yourself the trip, the story, the worry of "what if they don't believe me", and you're gonna save someone the time it takes to write up a report.
We (yes, i'm a cop) typically don't arrest people that bring us drugs. We arrest people that sell them and get caught with them on them.
If you chose to have someone that may, ahem, occasionally dabble with extracurricular after hours activities such as coke or meth, think of the ramifications if they get caught with it. What if it is a lethal or dangerous mix (the cutting agent used with the drug), or just a real lethal dose. Where did it come from?? etc...
Just flush it.

I'd take just a small amount to the cops and let them tell you what it is. Then you will know what you can get for the rest of it. :D

Now thats a damn good idea.
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

All this drama over a bag of baking soda you would star to hope it is anthrax.

If that was coke the chances of coke being in a powder substance like that without lumpy bits is pretty damn low.

Whoever thinks that looks like an 8ball... can you please tell me where you buy your 8 balls from?
That looks like a nice packed quater

No way is it coke though, if it was it would be all lumpy or if you had it this long i am sure it would look like it has melted so to speak.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

Exactly what I was thinking... put it in a small baggie and tell them you found it while dropping your nephiew of at school. :o:P

If they raid the school in the next week you know it was good shit. :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I highly doubt that they would test it and just let you know: "cocaine 47.3% pure, cut with baking powder 25.2%, talc 10.5%, aspartame 7%, arsenic 5.4%, anthrax 2.1%, rat feces 1.5%, dried semen 1%."

I think that they would just seize it and place it with the other siezed drugs. Maybe use it for training the dogs.

I don't think that they would harass you. I know some that were K9 ccops... and really, they are not that evil.

Best advice - flush it or turn it in. Especially since you've admitted to possession of an unknown substance on a public forum.

Do not give it to anyone else. For your protection and for theirs.

I didn't go through the paranoid machinations of thinking it was anthrax.

So that's what happened to my little bag of anthrax. Phew. I was worried that a dog had picked it up.

You'd think an evil genius like myself could keep better track of my biological agents. :$

Send it to Shrek he will try anything;)

send it up to the farm you know they are not flying these days
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

oh wow theres my bag of baking soda I always leave in my gear bag. I don't know how I lost that.

Could you do me a favor and send it to me? Please don't mention it to the cops, they uhhhh hate baking soda.

Also if you find a mirror and a razor blade in your bag, those are mine too.

:P

MB 3528, RB 1182

I am loving this thread. Everyone is just so damn amusing in here to me. The powder was worth it just because of the fodder for the thread. :)

The two types of responses that are the most hilarious are:

a) Turn it in to the authorities. Oh yeah, let's get criminal record for being naive enough to do something really dumb.

b) That looks like ____. WTF? You are looking at a PHOTOGRAPH of a baggy of white powder!!! That covers what percentage of the substances in chemistry? Every time I go cycling, I carry baggies of white powder that look just like that. It is a mix of maltodextrine and fructose to add to drinking water to keep my blood sugar up on 2+ hour rides.

Think I'll take a couple along to the DZ this weekend and drop them in random gear bags.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

so///whats the final prognosis on this??

did you at least taste it??

obviously if it makes your gums numb its coke...but i sincerly doubt someone could actually LOSe that much coke..if you Have THAT MUCH COKE IN THE FIRST PLACE...YOUR PROLLY ALL ABOUT IT..AND MISPLACING COKE IS JUST SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN..

dam caps///

i dunno i vote for the taste test...whats the worst that could happen?

anthraz is completly out of the question..come on lets get real...it may be baking soda from someone playing a joke on you...which is the most likley imo..

however thats an awfull lotta coke..prolly worth about 400 bucks...like i said before thats just not something that anyone who would have that much coke would misplace...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

ok get dome regular clorox
put some of the powder on the end of a knife
small amount
drop it into a tall glass of clorox
if it drops slowly down the clorox leaving milky white trails ITS PARTY TIME u gots some pwoper shizzle
if it turns RED or any color if it starbursts n fizzes on the top thats the cut n its not very good..
good luck
u have bout 2 8balls there 7 grams ..$300

I'm not exactly sure what the point is of turning the baggie over to the authorities. Can someone enlighten me??:S I mean she traveled across state lines with it, its not like they are going to try/waste time and energy and track down the person that "owns" it.

FLUSH IT!! Unless you want to snort it, then by all means, knock yourself out.;):D

Bobbi

A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

$300?

That's it?

Definitely flush it.

I thought by the way everyone was all "Oh my, that's a lot of coke, if it is coke, but if it is, that's a lot"...that we were talking about a least four figures worth.

Curiosity aborted. Commence flushing.

:P

Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Hey... I don't know what this is... but everybody online says its anthrax.. so yeah... lets flush it and introduce it into OUR water supply. Great idea... :S

In the case that it's coke, please mail to:

JJ
#1 Fake St
SL, UT 84042

So you took the chance of smelling something that you don't know what it is and could possibly kill you for doing so, sounds logical to me.. anyway

Really, folks, I don't need to beaten up for opening the fucking bag. It looked like a duck, it walked like a duck, and it quacked like a duck (hey, where's wingnut with his duck joke:D). Like I said - looks like drugs. I didn't go through the paranoid machinations of thinking it was anthrax.

I am sorry you feel that i have beaten you up, but smelling or sniffing some mystery white powder just did not seem like the smartest thing to do. It could have been something simple like baking soda and then again maybe not, you just did not know.
maybe part of my job makes me paranoid, and i just now think that smelling random white powders is a bad idea, but with haz mat training you get that way I guess.
As far as the other poster asking if i am around or work with police, well yes infact twice a week during my shifts at work. And for those that say don't take it to the police because you will get arrested, do you have experience with this? are you now or have you ever been a cop? and if it's a posession thing then does admiting you have this on a public fourm count? perhaps you can now put your law degrees to work as well and give an answer to that.
once again, soory if you feel "beaten up" for my previous statement, but it just did not seem like a wise thing to do, perhaps there was a better way i could have approached that idea with you.
Joe
www.greenboxphotography.com