smiles

fireworks vancouver/canada day

how are you celebrating tonight? july 4th-

i was downtown beautiful vancouver b.c. for canada day celebrations (july 1st.) attempted some pics of fireworks after many beers on the beach (english bay) the fireworks were at canada place..

got some pics also earlier of our wall centre vancouver (for those into high rise)

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Hi Smiles (karen). Canadayfireworks 1 through 3 are really cool and I enjoyed the wallcenter pic since it shows the building I used to work in last summer and I would look at the under construction wall center building almost on a daily basis tempted to huck myself off of it. But I never had the ##### (you know what) to do it since downtown Vancouver is littered with power lines from the street cars.

But you sure that first Canadayfireworks picture wasn't an IED from Bagdad or Khandahar? LOL ... I don't want to get too policital here. Thanks for the pics. Happy Birthday America and Happy belated Birthday to Canada. ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Beautiful! The ones at Canada Place weren't nearly as interesting, but nonetheless were nice. Neat to know another local jumper ;-)

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

Noice!! B|

I was in Vancouver on vacation during summer 2004, saw a competition between nations doing their fireworks, that night they had Sweden and China. From my understanding it was an ongoing competition throughout the summer. Easily the best fireworks show I'd ever seen.

I just saw the fireworks show here in NYC for the 4th of July, very much run-of-the-mill compared to what I saw in Canada. I remember being in Montreal on Canada day 2003 and seeing the show they put on...there are many things that Canadians seem to do much better than Americans, and the fireworks show is certainly one of them.

Viva Canada! Thanks for the cool pics! B|

edited for lame late-night grammar

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

hey,
which building did you work in last summer?

My son is an electrician for Mott Electric and worked on the "one wall centre":
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=1wallcentre-vancouver-canada

I remember when the city told them to take out the top 10 or so floors of glass and change them to lighter- they didn't approve of the black glass up high...../good timing! Everyone then started saying it looks like a huge lipstick tube...

Anyway when the crane was still on top and all floors up under construction, a very skilled fellow jumped the crane, landed safe on the street in rush hour (with some help from traffic control below.)
:PB|:P

It was Vancouver's tallest at 48 floors -and finished in 2001- next? Living Shangri-La construction ends 2008 at 61 floors....
http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=livingshangrila-vancouver-canada
pic in March 2007
http://www.emporis.com/en/il/im/?id=525608

SMiles;)

I'm planning to get out to the DZ soon, not sure if I'll do the boogie or not, but it'll be nice to get some air time. I have a friend who needs to go do their first tandem, and Lj and I need some CRW time. :-)

Are you downtown? Where in the city are yea?

-=Raistlin
find / -name jumpers -print; cat jumpers $USER > manifest; cd /dev/airplane; more altitude; make jump; cd /pub; more beer;

no, not downtown

friends just moved into rent second story of heritage home with 5 bd. on W8th Kits- as I do luv the beach might move in for the summer......
then again, I live in Abby 8 min. up the hill from the dz and can hear the porter flyin right now....drives me crazy as I work from my home office...

I also have some friends wanting to do tandem and advised them to get altitude...pre-register at the shop 1792 Alberni & Denman St--and do it during the boogie as otter/porter will be flying to 14,000 ft.

-hope you get some air time!
:PB|:P

SMiles;)

eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

heheh nice :-)

If you get into town give me a heads up and we'll catch a beer. Otherwise I'll plan to see you at the DZ either this weekend or next. That extra altitude is pretty appealing.

-=Raistlin