iambeav2

So I went to dinner tonight and was waited on by this...

there actually laws against that and those arrested for it are generally termed perverts

Those who think it harmless and amussing are generally called fuckwits

IF there was a law against taking camera phone pictures then our jails would be full of perverts. Many times people take camera shots of all kinds of people because they are short, fat, ugly, pretty, etc. and "news flash" they do it without asking.

If this makes someone a fuckwit and a pervert then a lot of people fall into this category. Perhaps they aren't the fuckwits but it is judgemental people who like to sling mud over the internet.

Get an act will you, you know full well I'm not talking about taking general pitures, but trying to sneek asre pics. There are law in this country for it.
I guess we just have different moral standards then,
Oh, I'd say the exact same thing in person

In your country, yes.. but in the US there are no expectations of privacy in a public setting...as stated in the other thread about pictures.

*edit to add* Someone that is willing to wear a skimpy outfit or get naked in a public setting, but objects to the fact that someone may take a picture is being hypocritical.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's sort of an interesting mental image, if you take it literally. . . .

A friend of mine had a girlfriend who wore really loud lipstick. I never asked her what the deal was with that but whenever I saw her it was kind of like seeing a pair of brightly-colored lips that had a person attached to them. Nice looking lips for sure. As I recall, the rest of her looked pretty good too.

Walt

Walt, you noticed lipstick???

:D:D:D

Yeah, for real it was *bright* lipstick. It was kind of like seeing a pair of glowing lips floating in space!

Walt

edit to add* Someone that is willing to wear a skimpy outfit or get naked in a public setting, but objects to the fact that someone may take a picture is being hypocritical

Like the girl who is wearing a short skirt and tight shirt is just asking to be raped..:| Honestly, she is just there doing her job. Not getting naked but waiting tables.

Flame away.:ph34r::ph34r::P

Like the girl who is wearing a short skirt and tight shirt is just asking to be raped..:| Honestly, she is just there doing her job. Not getting naked but waiting tables.

Wow--this thread might end up in Speakers Corner!:D:D

Admiring/drooling/picture-taking does not in any way equate to rape.

Walt

edit to add* Someone that is willing to wear a skimpy outfit or get naked in a public setting, but objects to the fact that someone may take a picture is being hypocritical

Strawman argument. Try again.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Strawman argument. Try again

I had to google that.

"Setup of a straw man
Straw Man'-(1)A fictitious person, esp. one that is weak or flawed.(2) A tenuous and exaggerated counterargument that an advocate puts forward for the sole purpose of disproving it.- Also termed straw-man argument.(3) A thrid party used in some transactions as a temporary transferee to allow the principal parties to accomplish something that is otherwise impermissable.(4) A person hired to post a worthless bail bond for the release of an accused.- Also termed stray comments. (Black's Law Dictionary, Seventh Edition pg. 1434)

One can set up a straw man in the following ways:

Present a misrepresentation of the opponent's position, refute it, and pretend that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.
Quote an opponent's words out of context -- i.e., choose quotations that are not representative of the opponent's actual intentions (see contextomy).
Present someone who defends a position poorly as the defender, refute that person's arguments, and pretend that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.
Invent a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, and pretend that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
Oversimplify a person's argument into a simple analogy, which can then be attacked.
Some logic textbooks define the straw man fallacy only as a misrepresented argument. It is now common, however, to use the term to refer to all of these tactics. The straw-man technique is also used as a form of media manipulation.

However, carefully presenting and refuting a weakened form of an opponent's argument is not always itself a fallacy. Instead, it restricts the scope of the opponent's argument, either to where the argument is no longer relevant or as a step of a proof by exhaustion.'

Wow.. I did all that??:o:D;)

Admiring/drooling/picture-taking does not in any way equate to rape.

No. It does not at all. However, taking a pic of her and posting it on the internet is slightly creepy. That is all.:P

Not just taking a pic but doing it secretly, To me this indicates that he was concerned he would not have permission to do it, but he did it anyways, that's creepy and pervy:S:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I went to dinner tonight and was waited on by this

Ugh, I'm sorry. :S

I second that......should've mentioned it in my first post. Tight, for fitting clothes should be a privilige, not a right.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hey, we're Americans. We have the right to wear too tight of clothes over bodies that shouldn't be showing it.>:(

Bolas (where the hell has HE been lately?) already knows this.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239