Allballs

STDs on your dz

If you knew someone on your dz had an STD and they are sleeping around, spreading it around, Would you tell?

Absolutely. And I have.

It was a hard decision to make. But it was a good one that I don't regret.

Edited to add: It was a one on one situation. I didn't announce it to the entire dz. It remained private.
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

If you knew someone on your dz had an STD and they are sleeping around, spreading it around, Would you tell?

I would also like people to tell me when people are married. Especially if they are hitting on me.
Please feel free to reply to my posts and pm's, but only if you're smart enough to understand what they really mean.

Absolutely. And I have.

It was a hard decision to make. But it was a good one that I don't regret.

hey now, I got that fixed!! I no longer have the clap, or syphilis, and the ghonaria is almost gone!!!

oh, but seriously.. who? lol. maybe i should avoid them ;)
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

That's a tough one. On one hand, I would want to tell because its just sleazy when you know you have something and you sleep around, but on the other hand, people on the dz are adults and should take the precautions necessary to protect themselves.

In the end.... I think I would say something.

Nope. Would not want to get involved in any drama. We're all adults living in the 21rst century. If you're gonna sleep around and not be safe about it you're an idiot.

eaven if your safe about it and cover up would you still want sleep with some you you knew had a STD?
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

I say make a documentary about it. Keep track of who sleeps with who and kep an ever expanding "family tree" like chart. Even more interesting to see how many branches cross more than once.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Reserve canopies, AADs, sunscreen, helmets, seat belts and condoms are your friends.

;)

Safety in the air and on the ground.

And most bad things happen on the ground anyway.

Edited to add:

Well, none of them are guaranteed to work, but they can make a difference.

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Even though I am very open about having AIDS, I would sue your freaking ass into the bowels of hell if you were to go around telling others who are not aware of my illness of what I have. Besides, I don't spread it as there are no women who are interested in a guy with AIDS. If,by chance, I were to meet a woman interested in me, I would tell her.
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

Even though I am very open about having AIDS, I would sue your freaking ass into the bowels of hell if you were to go around telling others who are not aware of my illness of what I have. Besides, I don't spread it as there are no women who are interested in a guy with AIDS. If,by chance, I were to meet a woman interested in me, I would tell her.

Devil's advocate here.

The OP was:

If you were "sleeping around, spreading it around" it would be a bad, bad thing. I'm not saying you would do that but if you *were* doing it I don't think anyone would need to worry about being successfully sued for blowing the whistle.

Walt

Hey, Walt, I realized that I miss posted a reply after an pm from Lisa. If I knew for fact that someone was carelessly spreading an illness, then yes, intrevention is in order. On the otherhand, if someone were to go telling others of my status, even though I am not doing anything, then yes, I would take some sort of action towards them. Most likely I would just pull them aside and let it be known to them that one more word from their mouth and they could expect a legal action against them.
My personal info is just that, my personal info. Yet, I do agree that if I were acting in a reckless manner, everyone has the right to be protected from me.
Neil Young

i know it not the case with you, but was there a case a while back where someone was charged with murder or something like that, because they had aids and were sleeping around?

I agree, it is noones business, unless they are reclessly living, and hurting others by doi

edit: hey, remember when sex was safe and skydiving was dangerous? .. me neither, I'm too young for that time.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

edit: hey, remember when sex was safe and skydiving was dangerous? .. me neither, I'm too young for that time.

Sex was never safe. Even from the earliest times it has resulted in younger and prettier versions of yourself showing up. They're expensive, take up a lot of time, and are guaranteed to hurt your feelings.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

The other thing to consider here is are they really sleeping around. As the prop turns has many rumors that aren't really based on fact.

Also... does he really know he has an STD? Some diseases (High Risk HPV and trichomonas for example), the guys have no idea that they might even have these... so when the ob/gyn tells the girl to have her S.O. treated, that conversation tends to go something like this:

her: "OH MY GOD!!! You gave me an STD! You rotten dog!"
him: "HELL NO! Wasn't me! I don't have anything wrong with my stuff! You're the one sleeping around"
her: "NO! I thought you loved me!"
(insert tears, throwing lamps, yelling.... ect)

And although he might honestly have something, there's little chance that he's going to go and get it tested (especially if he doesn't have any sympotms)

Now... if I strongly suspected someone of having multiple relationships with an STD and not taking precautions. I would have a chat with that person directly.

Ugh. Oh, god. That's just too gross to think about. Fortunately, I haven't been at DZs that were that kind of community. Or at least, I didn't know about it.

I make it my own habit to not sleep around, so fortunately they can have all the STDs in the world and it won't be affecting me as long as I'm careful.
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Now... if I strongly suspected someone of having multiple relationships with an STD and not taking precautions. I would have a chat with that person directly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That would be my advice also. Ask the person if they let their parnter know and if they are taking precautions. The objective here would NOT to 'nail' someone in public, but to protect someone who may not have all the information. You could tell the person who is infected to do what they can, say what they HAVE to say to get the person tested.

You never know the other person's (who you think is a victim) status. Maybe s/he should have been tested a long time ago and has no idea there could already be a problem.

And Birdlike, it can happen to anyone. It only takes ONE infected person to infect another--and you don't have to 'sleep around' to get something.

Everyone who thinks they are safe--go get tested anyway. ~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/pomr050806pkg.cfm

This is an interesting poll concerning HIV/AIDS as they surveyed whites, blacks and latinos. What I found interesting and true from my own experience is that white folks are the most in the dark and the lease knowledgable about AIDS/HIV. I'm still surprised at how many people do not know what the initials AIDS/HIV stand for.
Neil Young

http://www.kff.org/kaiserpolls/pomr050806pkg.cfm

This is an interesting poll concerning HIV/AIDS as they surveyed whites, blacks and latinos. What I found interesting and true from my own experience is that white folks are the most in the dark and the lease knowledgable about AIDS/HIV. I'm still surprised at how many people do not know what the initials AIDS/HIV stand for.

...According to the survey results, significant percentages of Americans still think HIV might be spread through kissing, sharing a drinking glass and touching toilet seat -- 37%, 22% and 16% respectively...

I'm amazed there are no stats for those who thought that its safe to go without protection because they aren't 'loose'. You don't HAVE to be loose. I guess they didn't have a 'check box' for OH SHIT, I got WHAT? on the survey.

But thats the way it can go!~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

OK, it's late at night, and we ARE in Bonfire.

We have standards at our DZ. They may be really, really, low, but we have 'em

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)