DeNReN

Baby Bunnies

cooked it myself a few times. very tough meat, and not very much of it.

What does it taste like?
Salty? Greasy? (yes, some tough meat is greasy, like bacon.)

not greasy at all
very lean meat, makes great stew, and pies, and not too shabby on the BBQ either

BBQ rabbit??? Gawwwwd. B|
Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

Well,
I love sushi, & we do have a place that serves Rabbit on the way to Penn State.
I may try it but, I admit to going through some lengths to preserve the 2 areas where rabbit burroughs are. (also saving & rehabing mice in glue traps from our office..then setting free in the Wild life preserve).:)

cooked it myself a few times. very tough meat, and not very much of it.

What does it taste like?
Salty? Greasy? (yes, some tough meat is greasy, like bacon.)

kind of sinuey. not at all greasy. they run too fast to get any fat on them. Don't listen to squeek. He's from SA. Their food is all British. Terrible food.

I'm not from SA I'm from Australia, and if you are telling her to not listen to me, you probably should not agree with what I said:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I hate to announce my ignorance, but do people really eat rabbits? :$:|

Those recipes are real?

Eat it all the time and love it too! They say it tastes and looks exactly like cat so you should be very careful about ordering rabbit stew in a restaurant. B|
Ironically my cats love it too and are always begging for scraps when rabbit stew is on the table. My cats are wanna-be cannibals! :D:D

Cheers,

Vale

kind of sinuey. not at all greasy. they run too fast to get any fat on them.

That was my experience. The only reason to eat rabbit is when you are in a survival situation, and the alternative is starvation.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That was my experience. The only reason to eat rabbit is when you are in a survival situation, and the alternative is starvation.[:/]

I went to a survival school 100 years ago and the common thought there was that to digest rabbit used a huge amount of water in the body. The gain wasnt worth the water loss. Dont eat rabbit.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I went to a survival school 100 years ago and the common thought there was that to digest rabbit used a huge amount of water in the body. The gain wasnt worth the water loss. Dont eat rabbit.

Pah, phooey. Rabbit caserole tastes gorgeous. Especially when they're freshly shot and go straight in the pot :D:P

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

Pah, phooey. Rabbit caserole tastes gorgeous. Especially when they're freshly shot and go straight in the pot :D:P

Do you make rabbit casserole out in a survival situation much ?

I love fried rabbit by the way.

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Do you make rabbit casserole out in a survival situation much ?

Ummm...? I can't say I've ever really been in a survival situation, so no. I mean, ya take a fresh rabbit, skin it, chop him up, and put it in a (preferrably) slow cooker with yer veg etc.. leave it to stew for a few hours, or pop it in the oven as a casserole... yummy B|

Edit: oh yeah, see what you mean now. I wasn't really referring to the survival bit, per se.. :):P

'buttplugs? where?' - geno

I disagree. Farm raised rabbit can be a wonderful gourmet treat.

We've been shopping at an Asian grocery lately with a good meat department, and a week or two ago Tammy braised a bunny and I made sandwiches. They were more flavorful and tender than if we'd used other lean white meats like chicken (boring) or turkey breast (yuck).

If you prefer not to do it yourself, in Boulder, CO Matam Fez has decent rabbit and I've had good rabbit at Laudisio's (not on the regular menu). Cafe Juanita in Kirkland WA makes a wonderful wabbit (although it's not the sort of place that would get me to hop on a plane just for a meal).

"Rabbit Braised in Arneis ($23) with Ligurian chickpea crepe, pancetta and porcini is mouthwatering. The tender rabbit is absolutely amazing with the Arneis sauce, and everything in the dish works well together."

Yum. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

http://z.about.com/d/seattle/1/8/G/6/-/-/braised-rabbit.jpg

http://seattle.about.com/od/fooddining/fr/cafejuanita.htm