n2skdvn

i got my I phone!!!

same here....but I've not owned an IPhone.
apparently the IPhone only takes a few hundred charges, significantly less if left in a high heat environment...oops! left mine in the car AGAIN!
sounds like the same story as the first gen IPods.
:S

Ever pay $600 for a Phone?? You might want use a $600 phone for a little longer than 1 or 2 years.

Also How many Cycles did those batteries last?? Playing music, Watching movies and whatever else the iPhone does surely uses much more power requiring many more recharge cycles in the same amount of time. But like most Apple products, It is designed to be disposable (Battery not replaceable).:|

lso How many Cycles did those batteries last?? Playing music, Watching movies and whatever else the iPhone does surely uses much more power requiring many more recharge cycles in the same amount of time. But like most Apple products, It is designed to be disposable (Battery not replaceable)

Yes it is replaceable..but by apple. Have you priced an average Sony Erricson LiOn battery from ATT like the one my current phone uses? 99 bucks.

I replaced my own battery on my iPod...no issue. popped it out..replaced it..started back up without issue. I don't understand how that makes it a "disposable apple product". Please educate me on this. Also apple will replace your iPod battery for a fee if you are not comfortable doing it your self. But I guess using standard batteries on other music players that get tossed into the garbage makes them NOT a disposable product?

Also as far as the as the battery cycle issue. After 400 plus charges the battery will still be very much alive. there will be a small percentage of total charge with each additional cycle. So to infer that after 400 charges your iPhone is suddenly an unusable brick is an uneducated guess on something you don't know about.

Here...do some educational reading to expand your knowledge.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/bad-reporter%2C-bad%21/actually-the-iphone-battery-will-last-longer-than-400-charges-276995.php

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I replaced my own battery on my iPod...no issue.

Other than voiding any warranty that came with the product.

Also apple will replace your iPod battery for a fee if you are not comfortable doing it your self.

Guaranteed income. Solid Business plan.
100% Fact.. The battery will eventually die, They all do. so by designing a product where the battery is not easily replaceable.. The customer is forced to either Void their warranty and do it themselves or Send it back for Factory Repair or just throw it away and buy another one.

In my mind that makes it pretty much disposable.

Also as far as the as the battery cycle issue. After 400 plus charges the battery will still be very much alive.

I never said anything about 400 being some magic number. I had never even heard that until I saw your link.
My point was because the iPhone does so much more than a Phone or and iPod, IT will use more power.. Many times more recharge cycles in the same Time frame. Whatever the number is.. You are going to get there much faster than a normal Cell phone (With easily replaceable batteries) or an iPod (Only used for music).

So to infer that after 400 charges your iPhone is suddenly an unusable brick is an uneducated guess on something you don't know about.

I never inferred anything about 400 charges. Simply said that it was another poor design by Apple. Every other Cell phone I have ever seen has an easily replaceable battery. Why doesn’t the iPhone??