dynamite

See bungees stretch

And that is the dynamic forces on canopies and how it is possible to get bag strip. That is also why RWS states you should use tube stows on the locking stows on their tandems. To prevent bagstrip.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

They use large 'tandem' bungees or double bungee the bite.

Those really don't look like the double width RWS spec bungees...are you sure?

The one on the extreme right looks like it's a normal dacron bungee doubled, and the extreme left looks like a broken RWS tandem bungee...:S

It's always good practice, no matter which bungees you're using, to make them symmetrical...I was asked to pack a Portuguese Tandem at Alvor once. I took one look, and started looking around me for Jeremy Beadle! :S It had a normal dacron bungee that had broken and been tied together for one mouthlock :o, and a thin piece of bungee cord tied off and larksheaded like a bungee (but big enough to stretch around my head (which is quite big!), for the other...B|

Nasty stuff...>:(
---
Swoopert, CS-Aiiiiiii!
Piccies

Where do RWS make this statement?

It was in the documents that were sent to me by RWS for my tandem course a few years ago. It was also apart of a powerpoint presentation that Bill Booth did at a few PIAs ago.

I guess you'll want me to trudge around their site and see if I can find it, huh?

I guess you'll want me to trudge around their site and see if I can find it, huh?

No not at all. I wasn't doubting they made the statement, just observing that I couldn't find it. I tend to go with the manuals, although intrestingly the new Sigma manual is nowwhere near as detailed as the Vector Tandem 2 manual. It doesn't have detailed line drawings of the drouge packing for instance, and no mention of what type of stow bands to use.:(

Nullius in Verba

tend to go with the manuals, although intrestingly the new Sigma manual is nowwhere near as detailed as the Vector Tandem 2 manual.

I agree. Remember, though, that the Sigma manual was created as a suppliment to the Vector tandem manual.

Seeing how RWS is going hands off with the certification process defering to the USPA rating, I wonder how much actual documentation we'll continue to see?

[replyI agree. Remember, though, that the Sigma manual was created as a suppliment to the Vector tandem manual.

Fair point but. . . the Sigma manual doesn't say so. also the Sigma is supplied with only the Sigma manual.

I know there are a lot of people out there with enough experiance to know to use "that type of band" or "pack the drouge this way". I also know there are just as many or more that don't have that experiance. Some of those will go find sombody who knows but the others, well....

These are the guys who just make it up and reinvent the wheel, unfortunatly they often invent a square one.

Maybe I'm just getting nostalgic but it seems to me, kit manuals used to have a wealth of useful info in them and now they just seem to say stuff like "pack in the normal manner"

Nullius in Verba

And that is the dynamic forces on canopies and how it is possible to get bag strip. That is also why RWS states you should use tube stows on the locking stows on their tandems. To prevent bagstrip.

Sorry I'm unfamiliar with the term bag strip. Could someone explain?

Good video. It also shows an interesting point, the difference between line dump and what people *think* linedump is. As long as the locking stows stay and the bag stays on the canopy till bag stretch, you'll basically have a normal opening (tension knots not with standing). That Bag Strip is out of sequence type deployment of the main prior to line stretch, which is what can call openings hard enough to kill, injury and seriously damage gear.