FlyinDawg

Would you give up your a kidney for your relative?

I would give up my a kidney for my family such as mother, sister, and etc if one of them need transplant than on waiting list. There's always left one to keep live.

I've been my older sister's "option of last resort" for the last 30 years. So far, they've been able to find cadaver donations that were acceptable matches. I'm still willing and ready, if needed.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Absolutely.

Edited to add: I do have this one brother that I'd *probably* give a kidney to. I'd have to think on it real hard though.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

Without thinking twice.

Myself, my son, both of my parents and my brother all offered a kidney to my cousin when his failed. But he needed both a kidney and a pancreas; the docs said it was better to get both organs from the same person and since we only have one pancreas...

no question Yes.

a harder question (assuming it matches)

Would you make the same sacrifice for a friend? I should specify the difference, as I draw a sharp distinction between 'casual friendships' aka acquaintance and True Friendship.

an acquaintance no way.. but a True Friend, those i can count on for anything.

again.. no question. Yes.

if i've 'got a spare' of anything a True Friend really needs its theirs...and sometimes even when its not....

to me the people who voluntarily CHOOSE to involve themselves in your life are equally precious as those fate has chosen for you... (and sometimes more so)

My father died of kidney failure.

We went into the hospital to do the transplant, but he came down with pnuemonia and was too weak for the operation. The docs sent us home until he was stronger. He died two months later.

Given the choice between having two kidneys and no father or one kidney and a couple more years with my dad, the choice is pretty easy.

MH

So I'm driving with a friend of mine and she has gotten her test results back about having fibroids on her uterus. (know this has nothing to do with this topic) She calls her sister and her sister says (in a serious voice). "I would give mine if you need them." Friend says, "No thanks, these are actually something you don't want!":S

But to answer your question, my immediate family, yes!

Just a relative? I would give up an organ to a total stranger if I was a match and they would likely die otherwise.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68

I wouldn't.

Now I look like a bad person huh.:o

It's not that I wouldn't want to...

My kidneys don't work so great all the time. I would most likely be the recipient of the kidney rather than the donor. I doubt that any Dr. would want to use my kidneys even in a dire situation. Or any other organ for that matter. It makes me sad to think that I couldn't donate a kidney to my loved ones if they needed it. I can't even donate blood. [:/] Although I thank all those people that do donate blood because it's kept me alive several times over the years. :)

Without thinking twice.

Myself, my son, both of my parents and my brother all offered a kidney to my cousin when his failed. But he needed both a kidney and a pancreas; the docs said it was better to get both organs from the same person and since we only have one pancreas...

You selfish bytch :P
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Fuck NO!

I wouldn’t donate a vital organ to anyone!

It’s not like those things grow back.

Loosing a kidney shortens your lifespan and you must alter your lifestyle dramatically to compensate for the loss.

Besides, there are enough people dying nowadays that these organs can be easily harvested from cadavers who no longer need them.