grue

Just saw TRANSFORMERS (no spoilers)

I'm very glad to hear this. I got invited to a sneak peak tonight. My friends are mad because it doesn't come out over here until next week.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

Saw it last night. I thought it was pretty dang good. I was upset (NOT A SPOILER) that Bumblebee was a Camaro and not a Beetle.

Overall good movie and I'm looking forward to the next one.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

That movie was the best movie I had ever seen in the theatre. The movie was for people of all ages. It had very hot actresses, bad-ass cars, action throughout, HILARIOUS scenes (which I did not expect) and something for everyone.... geek or not. I have never been in a theatre where the audience laughed so hard and clapped and cheered when the camaro came out and other scenes as well. This is definetely a movie I will add to my collection and is one I recommend all to watch!

I never watched the show as a kid but actually thought this movie was pretty fun. I thought there was way too much product placement in it (at times it seemed just like a 2 hour long commerical for GM) and the final action scene drug on too long (they always do) but overall pretty entertaining.

From the Strategy Page:

Transformers Boost PJs
July 6, 2007: Which recent movie has the most accurate depiction of military life, particularly in the Air Force? The answer appears to be Transformers, a sci-fi film featuring alien robots. Surprised? Not really. In essence, this movie not only provided a positive portrayal of the U.S. Air Force, it showed parts of the Air Force that have never received much press – or glory. The Air Force has, in essence, managed to spotlight some of its lesser-known units – units valuable in the global war on terror.

The film featured a number of Air Force combat controllers. These personnel often work with special operations units – calling in strikes from behind enemy lines. In essence, they often make possible many of the videos featuring smart bombs hitting their targets with spectacular results. It is a side of the Air Force not often discussed among that service's inter-service rivals.

Another Air Force special operations unit is the pararescuemen. The "PJs", as they are known, assist in search-and-rescue missions, often carrying over 150 pounds of equipment. These personnel have taken part in numerous missions in the years since they were founded in 1943, including rescuing victims of the 1989 earthquake in San Francisco.

Air Force Special Operations Command also features some of the most advanced aircraft in the world. This includes the CV-22 Osprey – a variant of the tilt-rotor aircraft that was designed to supplement the MH-53 helicopters and MC-130 special operations planes. Another aircraft that got some air time was the AC-130 Spectre, a gunship that carries 25mm, 40mm, and 105mm guns – and which is being modernized with 30mm guns to replace the 25mm and 40mm guns.

So, why would the Air Force detail 300 personnel and a number of its rare special operations aircraft to the film? The answer lies in the public relations side – in essence, the Air Force is displaying to the American people how it is relevant in the global war on terror. This is going to give it a bit of a leg up in budget battles with that service's real enemies (the Army, Navy, and Marines) as well, by showing that the Air Force is relevant.

All in all, the success of this film will not only make a lot of money for a movie studio, it will also give the United States Air Force help when Congress starts deciding the Air Force's budget. In essence, the Air Force has scored a public relations coup – and will reap the rewards. – Harold C. Hutchison ([email protected])

-----------------------

mh
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

did anyone catch the preview where there was a going away party and they all run the roof to see a big explosion and the statue of liberty's head rolls by? what kind of monster is this movie about?

Yeah I saw that preview. It looks good. We'll find out when the movie debuts on 1-18-08

It's a fun popcorn movie.

Check your brain at the door and you'll really enjoy it (except for John Turturro's unusually bad acting):)
I was throughly entertained for a few hours AND it had much more humor than I originally anticipated.

Blues,
Ian

Performance Designs Factory Team

Check your brain at the door and you'll really enjoy it (except for John Turturro's unusually bad acting):)

I was throughly entertained for a few hours AND it had much more humor than I originally anticipated.

Blues,
Ian

he was HILARIOUS.
cavete terrae.

Blues,
Ian

Ok, just got back from seeing it and I loved it. :D
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

did anyone catch the preview where there was a going away party and they all run the roof to see a big explosion and the statue of liberty's head rolls by? what kind of monster is this movie about?

Me thinks GodZirra is coming to Ney York 18 Jan 2008.

It didn't get stupid? You know, with dumb plot devices and stuff, and implausibilities (beyond, erm, sentient robots coming to invade/defend from outer space, I mean)?

I saw 1408 recently and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped for, and not nearly as scary/creepy. I might check out Transformers this weekend, especially now that it's been called a good movie by a skydiver! :p
Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire

Damn right bad ass cars!!! The camaro is the new unreleased but redesigned Camaro from Chevy, and I jizz just from the previews...I can't wait to see that movie!!
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

It didn't get stupid? You know, with dumb plot devices and stuff, and implausibilities (beyond, erm, sentient robots coming to invade/defend from outer space, I mean)?

I saw 1408 recently and it wasn't as good as I'd hoped for, and not nearly as scary/creepy. I might check out Transformers this weekend, especially now that it's been called a good movie by a skydiver! :p

It's just a fun movie for watching all the eye candy and laughing at jokes. If you want a strong plot and well developed sub plots, or good characterization, or any kind of depth in the storytelling... go to some other film. This one's about action, cool special effects, and laughs. No brain required.

It was fun. :)

Matt