swedishcelt

Who lives in NYC?

I'm a native new yorker too. I, however, cant wait to move closer to the DZ... it SUCKS to have to sit in my car for 3 hrs to get out of the city on Friday nights.

I did it for 3 straight years and drove to the dz and back home on both saturdays and sundays. It'll be worth it until you get tired of the trek.

Your best bet is to take a greyhound bus from Port Authority, get off at Mount Laurel and have your new skydiving buddies pick you up at the bus station. It's only a 1/2 hour from the DZ. The bus ride from NYC to Mount Laurel is about an hour and a half. You'll spend the same amount of money filling up your tank anyway and you'll save mileage, wear and tear on your car. You can't go wrong.

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss, Friendo?

I know what you mean, I live in staten island, I only travel when noone else does. Ex, i leave 5:30 in the AM for the times I go up there, and when the day is done I hang out crash in the back of my SUV and whatever time I wake up, be it 1, 3am whatever, thats when I head home. ;)

What's funny is that I've run into Peter on the street or read something here and find out we were right around the corner from each other.

That is kinda funny. I would so love to come visit you sometime. :)

We have to set a date for you to come and visit--This summer we have a full house, but Fall is great here too! You are welcome to come stay with me!

And I can show you the best places to 'stalk' Peter!! :D~~April

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

Maybe its just that I'm from the city, but I hate not having a car to be free to travel around whenever/wherever I want. Im used to being able to walk everywhere or catch a subway.

The last time I didnt have my car it was terrible trying to find someone to give me a ride to the station, and when I did I missed the last train! I guess I'd rather just sit in my car with no a/c all Fri afternoon than ask around for a lift.

Luckily, though, I get out of work early tomorrow ;) trying to beat the traffic, maybe even make sunset load!

Unfortunately, I'm working and I work a graveyard shift. You should definitely hit Times Square. They just opened up a Ripley's Believe it or Not on 42nd Street between 7th and 8th Avenue. They also have a Madamme Tussaud's wax museum on the same street. You can catch various B'way plays there too. Before you do anything, hit the Times Square Alliance tourist information center. It's on 7th Avenue between 46th and 47th Street. They have all sorts of maps and tourist books/guides there for free.

Maybe its just that I'm from the city, but I hate not having a car to be free to travel around whenever/wherever I want. Im used to being able to walk everywhere or catch a subway.

I'm the same exact way. It's very convenient taking the subway or catching a crosstown bus to get where you want to go to.

The last time I didnt have my car it was terrible trying to find someone to give me a ride to the station, and when I did I missed the last train! I guess I'd rather just sit in my car with no a/c all Fri afternoon than ask around for a lift.

Believe it or not, there are a few people from Manhattan that come out to skydive in X-keys every weekend. You should get yourself acquainted with these people. If I was there every weekend, I'd introduce you to them. However, you can find out by just rubbing elbows with the seasoned jumpers out there.

Luckily, though, I get out of work early tomorrow trying to beat the traffic, maybe even make sunset load!

Lucky you, I miss those friday night sunset loads and then landing in Scotland Run to chug a few beers at their bar. Enjoy!

I know what you mean, I live in staten island, I only travel when noone else does. Ex, i leave 5:30 in the AM for the times I go up there, and when the day is done I hang out crash in the back of my SUV and whatever time I wake up, be it 1, 3am whatever, thats when I head home. ;)

Hey I know a lot of you already are on "the list" for carpooling in&out of NYC but if you aren't, check out http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2890112