davidfreefly

PAKISTAN JUMPSUITS???

I get those all of the time. Regardless of weather or not they are a real sew house and the original suit may have been designed by a skydiver....

....this does not look at all appealing. I also get them for helmets, altis, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Yea, i think they are a scam. I mean, they say a freefly suit costs 50GBP...so about 93 bucks. Delivery of 3 - 4 days??? I smell a scam...:S

Two of the pictures on the wed site come from RMW jumpsuits web site here in Australia.

www.rmwjumpsuits.com

A pity they didn't credit the photographers as well!

Their next step is to contact all the jumpsuit manufacturers to say they have manufacturing facilities and experience and hence can make skydiving suits for them cheaper.

Sid got some- let's see if he chimes in

I don't believe that was the same company, but it was from the same region
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Sid got some- let's see if he chimes in

I don't believe that was the same company, but it was from the same region

I got some from a different company, but as Tim said, still in the same area of Pakistan. The suits were really well made and I use them mainly for tandem students. In fact I have a couple more on order right now. The company I got mine from was Frexer, and my dealings with them have been really good and professionally conducted (although I seem to have become the owners new e-pen pal). Their website wasn't a rip off (although it was riddled with an amazing number of adjectives) and featured Pakistani models showing the range of suits.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I visited their site and sent them an email requesting pricing information. They kindly responded and are awaiting my response. Is the quality of the suits you've purchased through them such that you believe they will last long enough to make it worth my while to purchase a freefly suit from them?
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I wouldn't say scam. Just you get what you pay for.

You pay for what you get where the minimum is set by the costs of materials, labor, shipping, and taxes.

I paid my rigger $40 for materials on my last jumpsuit plus about $175 in labor which would have covered a half day's work at his usual rates. The result was better built than a Dakine suit.

The average annual income in Pakistan is $2400 a year. Making the math easy by assuming 5 day work weeks with 2 weeks off each year that's $8 a day.

So I should be able to have the same suit made by a Pakistani taillor for under $50.

Welcome to globalization.

I visited their site and sent them an email requesting pricing information. They kindly responded and are awaiting my response. Is the quality of the suits you've purchased through them such that you believe they will last long enough to make it worth my while to purchase a freefly suit from them?

The suits that I got were RW suits (I got these from Frexer not from jumpswear) and are excellent quality. I am using them for my tandem students. I have a couple of Freefly suits coming to use as tandem instructor suits, they are due anyday, if you want to hang on I'll let you know how they are and post a pic for ya!

The suits I have so far are all double needle sewn, reinforced butts, overlocked and well made. I paid $35 each for them plus shipping. I'll report on the Freefly suits when they get here..........
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Could you please provide contact info from them. I need to get a RW suit that doesn't break my student bank, and I can skid into earth on and not cry when I stain it all up!!!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

The suits that I got were RW suits (I got these from Frexer not from jumpswear) and are excellent quality. I am using them for my tandem students. I have a couple of Freefly suits coming to use as tandem instructor suits, they are due anyday, if you want to hang on I'll let you know how they are and post a pic for ya!

The suits I have so far are all double needle sewn, reinforced butts, overlocked and well made. I paid $35 each for them plus shipping. I'll report on the Freefly suits when they get here..........

Perfect! Thank you! Frexer was quite enthusiastic in their reply to my initial contact, and I don't doubt their integrity or sincerity. I've simply come to rely on first-hand experience with jumpsuits and taking that advice to heart. I look forward to hearing your impressions on the freefly suits.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

you guys need to travel more....anything out of India/Pakistan/Sri Lanka that involves sewing is most likely legit. They are some bad ass tailors. AND they are cheap.
you get what you pay for does NOT apply to tailored goods from SEAsia/Indian subcontinent for the most part. Of course there are scams, but when it comes to anything sewn, you are pretty much okay. Cambodia is the exception - as much as I love the country, everything I bought there has fallen apart, including the books....:S:$>:(

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

How much did shipping cost? From Pakistan has got to be expensive, 70 bucks or so?

$50 for 4 suits crammed into a small box and covered with that woven nylon netting. Everything shipped by mail.
Pete Draper,

Do you think it may be possible that the suits made in these countries are built using child labour???

Just a Thought:|
Cookie

No. I live in Thailand (equally 3rd world) and have an Indian background (so have frequented as a native India & Pakistan a lot), it's not child labour... it's just cheap because there is an over supply of labour in these countries and so the "skill" that earns heaps of money in Western countries isn't very valuable there because everyone can/ is willing to do it. It's the same reason why everything is made in China these days.. over supply of labour = cheap labour = low cost of good.

Do you think it may be possible that the suits made in these countries are built using child labour???

Just a Thought:|
Cookie

Hey - if it's good enough for Kathie Lee Gifford, it's good enough for me.......:)

actually I told the owner that I was probably traveling to India later this year and he asked me to come visit his production facility in Pakistan. I doubt he'd do that if he was running a child sweatshop, although I did let slip I can sew a little, maybe he just wants to handcuff me to a sewing machine
Pete Draper,