Snowwhite

We're loving Skyfest!

Missed you and Nina a bunch Mike:(

Porpoisehead - Great to meet ya
Airtwardo - you are HILARIOUS
LisaH - Come back soon:(
Sharimcm - Let's do a 2-way!
WendyW - You looked great in my rig:)BIGUN - YOU ROCK!
WaltAppel - Thanks for the GEAR!!! (and putting up with my mom and me)
Gonzo - Loved meeting and jumpin' with ya!
Popsjumper - You looked good with my Mom;)

I met and jumped with a lot of folks who aren't dz.commers as well. It was just an absolutely wonderful time! (accept for the stinging rain on my magic carpet jumpB|)

If I left anyone out I do apologize:(

This post was edited to embarass popsjumper!:$

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

hey any ideas what a no seatbelt-passenger ticket costs in texas, i got one of those too:|

didnt even drive and I got a ticket>:(

I'm sure this is a lot more than you wanted to know, but here's the law. See the red parts. Looks like your gonna be hit for $25 to $50, unless you have a doctors note or were deliving newspapers.

Walt

§ 545.413. SAFETY[0] BELTS[0]; OFFENSE.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) is at least 15 years of age;
(2) is riding in the front seat of a passenger vehicle while the vehicle is being operated;
(3) is occupying a seat that is equipped with a safety[0]
belt[0]; and
(4) is not secured by a safety[0] belt[0].

(b) A person commits an offense if the person:
(1) operates a passenger vehicle that is equipped with safety[0] belts[0]; and
(2) allows a child who is younger than 17 years of age and who is not required to be secured in a child passenger safety[0] seat system under Section 545.412(a) to ride in the vehicle without requiring the child to be secured by a safety[0] belt[0], provided the child is occupying a seat that is equipped with a safety[0] belt[0].

(c) A passenger vehicle or a seat in a passenger vehicle is considered to be equipped with a safety[0] belt[0] if the vehicle is required under Section 547.601 to be equipped with safety[0] belts[0].

(d) An offense under Subsection (a) is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $25 or more than $50. An
offense under Subsection (b) is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not less than $100 or more than $200.

(e) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that:
(1) the person possesses a written statement from a licensed physician stating that for a medical reason the person
should not wear a safety[0] belt[0];
(2) the person presents to the court, not later than the 10th day after the date of the offense, a statement from a
licensed physician stating that for a medical reason the person should not wear a safety[0] belt[0];
(3) the person is employed by the United States Postal Service and performing a duty for that agency that requires the operator to service postal boxes from a vehicle or that requires frequent entry into and exit from a vehicle;
(4) the person is engaged in the actual delivery of newspapers from a vehicle or is performing newspaper delivery
duties that require frequent entry into and exit from a vehicle;
(5) the person is employed by a public or private utility company and is engaged in the reading of meters or
performing a similar duty for that company requiring the operator to frequently enter into and exit from a vehicle; or
(6) The person is operating a commercial vehicle
registered as a farm vehicle under the provisions of Section 502.163 that does not have a gross weight, registered weight, or gross weight rating of 48,000 pounds or more.

(f) The department shall develop and implement an educational program to encourage the wearing of safety[0] belts[0] and to
emphasize:
(1) the effectiveness of safety[0] belts[0] and other restraint devices in reducing the risk of harm to passengers in motor vehicles; and (2) the requirements of this section and the penalty for noncompliance.

(g) Repealed by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 204, § 8.01.

(h) In this section, "passenger vehicle," "safety[0] belt[0]," and "secured" have the meanings assigned by Section 545.412.

(i) A judge, acting under Article 45.0511, Code of Criminal Procedure, who elects to defer further proceedings and to place a defendant accused of a violation of Subsection (b) on probation under that article, in lieu of requiring the defendant to complete a driving safety[0] course approved by the Texas Education Agency, shall require the defendant to attend and present proof that the defendant has successfully completed a specialized driving safety[0] course approved by the Texas Education Agency under the Texas Driver and Traffic Safety[0] Education Act (Article 4413(29c), Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes) that includes four hours of instruction that encourages the use of child passenger safety[0] seat systems and the wearing of seat belts[0] and emphasizes:
(1) the effectiveness of child passenger safety[0] seat systems and seat belts[0] in reducing the harm to children being transported in motor vehicles; and
(2) the requirements of this section and the penalty for noncompliance.

(j) Notwithstanding Section 542.402(a), a municipality or county, at the end of the municipality's or county's fiscal year,
shall send to the comptroller an amount equal to 50 percent of the fines collected by the municipality or the county for violations of Subsection (b) of this section. The comptroller shall deposit the amount received to the credit of the tertiary care fund for use by trauma centers.

WaltAppel - Thanks for the GEAR!!! (and putting up with my mom and me)
Popsjumper - You looked good with my Mom;)

I think I looked pretty good with you and your mom and Lisa and Sherry. Not just pretty good. More like incredibly good and incredibly lucky. :)
Walt

uh so I guess without a note from my mommie I'm gonna be giving up some mullah, damn guess thatt'll learn me:|

yeah walt you were stylin, everytime I saw you you were sourrounded by women.:D

I saw andy sweet talkin a lady, and asked him so thats how that works huh?? he says dont know hasn't worked yet:D

too funny you guys are a trip!!

hey lisa is that an AN-2:P

if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

uh so I guess without a note from my mommie I'm gonna be giving up some mullah, damn guess thatt'll learn me:|

Yep. Sucks.>:(

yeah walt you were stylin, everytime I saw you you were sourrounded by women.:D

The only problem is that all of them want to be "just friends". I think it's the turd in the bathtub thing. They just don't want to let it go. Nearly knocking a casket off its pedestal at a funeral didn't help either.

I saw andy sweet talkin a lady, and asked him so thats how that works huh?? he says dont know hasn't worked yet:D

Compared to me, Andy is a smooth talker. He's got the long hair thing going for him too. Plus he has no history of posting turd pics on dz.com. Anyway, Andy and I were talking with a woman who was sitting around doing stuff on her laptop. I asked her if she ever gets on dropzone.com and explained that it's a really great skydiving website. She responded by saying that she only had 40-something jumps so no, she wasn't on that website. Then she asked us if we got on the site to try and hook up with sleazy women and tell 'em to "come on over!" or something like that.

Huh?!!! Andy, we must look like really dirty old men.

I wasn't quite sure what to say so I told her that no we didn't do that because we both have long histories of striking out even with sleazy women.:D:D:D:D:D

Walt

LMFAO!!:D

Ok, to be fair she was in a bit of a funk. Gonzo and I had sat next to her on a load. She had ridden the plane down on the previous load because she realized she had forgotten to turn on her AAD. [snicker]

Anyway, she asked me for a pin check and I was unable to verify that her pilot chute was cocked because only white kill line was showing through the window in the bridle. Gonzo checked it and came to the same conclusion. Naturally she didn't ask for the pin check until just before jump run so we didn't have time to pull her pilot chute out, verify it was ok, and fold/stow it.

So there I was packing over by where Andy was sitting. She walked up and I asked her if her pilot chute had been cocked. She told me it had. I felt bad for her but she seemed to take it ok and figured fate had intervened. Looking back on it she was probably thinking I was the biggest asshole on the planet and, since I was talking with Andy and obviously knew him, it was a guilt by association kind of thing.

Still, we must seriously look like dirty old men for her to have said that.:D:D:D

Walt

Edited to add: I wasn't happy to meet all those evil bugs. I have too many bites to count. B|

Not that anyone wants to see a CLOSE-UP of my ass, but you want to talk about bug bites... B| There was only one or two people who got to see them up close and personal, but really, bug bites on your ass is nothing to brag about. :S:D

Oh yea, the pic is NSFW or for the weak-stomach... My ass is huge... :|

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself