Cashmanimal

Practical joke-- jump 100

i think it isa funny idea. but even though I use a packer, at times, i would be pissed if I found out someone had taken my gear without my knowing , unpacked it, and then repacked it, without telling me. I don't think that it being your old gear is a valid point. that aside, i do like the idea, it is funny.

have you considered this one.... get ahold of an extra cut-away handle/cable in freefall, just hold it out if front of you, and look at it.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

Messing with some-one's gear is a bad idea...and I always use flour, it's cheaper! :)

But is it gluten free???

Just spin him around a few times in freefall against his will...

I thought that idea up all on my own:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Messing with some-one's gear is a bad idea...and I always use flour, it's cheaper! :)

But is it gluten free???

If it's really humid, the guy just might get smacked in the mellon with a load of bread! :ph34r:

On the spin thing....you were spinning enough without my help! :P

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

But is it gluten free???

If it's really humid, the guy just might get smacked in the mellon with a load of bread! :ph34r:

On the spin thing....you were spinning enough without my help! :P

I couldn't get the other bootie on:P

Poor Walt, on the other hand, must've felt like blowin' chunks:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

and by a miracle stroke of luck...

He arrived and after some discussion told me he had paid for a pack job last time he jumped it, but the guy that packed it also packed a horrific opening for another buddy of ours that same day.

I told him as a favor to him, I would re-pack it for him tonight, as a 100th jump gift :ph34r:

And it's also funny somebody (sorry i don't remember who... think it was Airtwardo) mentioned flour. Because as we were sitting there with some drinks in the kitchen, and notice our jar of flour, and how obvious it was.....

He's going to bed soon.

edit for some clarity: the packer is NOT a skydiver, and it was his first weekend packing after taking the course... so questioning it, i think, is pretty fair

It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Ok, after one more round of speaking with the rigger, here is what I ended up doing:

Instead of unpacking the entire thing, I just popped the pin and pulled the d-bag out using the slack to the risers to give me some length. I put about 7 or 8 handfuls of flower just inside the d-bag on top of the tail skin, so it is in between the fabric and the bag. Then, just before closing the flaps, I added about 4 handfuls of flower on top of the bag, planning on the flaps holding it down.

But now that it's sitting here, I think he may get suspicious in the morning. any time you bump the bag a bunch of flower comes out from between the flaps.

But the only real concern after that is what he actually wants to do for the jump itself. A lot of people are wanting to see this, which will be a piece of cake if we jump at our experienced jumper area. But all night he was thinking he may want to jump with toys, which means we will have to jump at our student area way the hell out in the middle of the desert, so a lot of people won't get to see it.

I really just hope it makes a really big cloud, at least for a second. Because I took a handful of flour and just threw it, and it was a pretty good cloud, for a second. Then it was gone. So hopefully this is a flour explosion, then it's gone.

I'll be sure to check back and let everybody know how it goes.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Alex (just saw your post): One of my favorites is planning a complicated fur dive with as many persons as " X " is comfortable with. Practicing many times with "X" as floater , then( over the correct spot) on "GO" "X" leaves but everyone else stays with the plane . If you can see their face for a second, the look is priceless..............J....................
" 90 right, five miles then cut."---Pukin Buzzards

This well intentioned idea could turn on you. There is a reason that we have ground based pranks that have been listed above. There, the furthest anyone can fall is about 6' (well most of the time:P). Ponder this, if anything were to happen on this jump regardless of the cause YOU are now at the center of it. Would you want to live with that? Also if something were to happen you have now opened yourself to possible civil and criminal prosecution. Are you also willing to pay to have his gear taken apart, cleaned, assembled and repacked? And then there is that whole potential of an ass whipping that could happen because when you screw with peoples gear their attitude can an has been known to change.

Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Messing with some-one's gear is a bad idea...and I always use flour, it's cheaper

(Not aimed at you twardo, because I know you know) This flour in a canopy thing is one of the oldest and long standing pratical jokes going in the sport and has been a standard for years, albeit in the new day and age of squares you sure don't see it much these days. I have never seen anyone cutaway a floured canopy, tripped out YES, but chop NO! Oh and a handful or two of pea gravel for good measure....;):P Of course this is best done with a round jump as some have found out...:);)

I'm a little surprised to see some of you oldtimers giving the OP so much shit about it, boy have times changed. :S I guess it shows how many pioneers no longer jump today.

This way diff then tampering to do harm to another as we have seen in some cases.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Any helpful and fun hints/suggestions?

ya... stay away from me and my rig when I go to do my 100th:D

Wouldn't work with you.....I've seen ya pack! :S:S:S

I'll have to remember to repack yours next time I'm out there>:(

Threats of violence are not permitted on this site!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Messing with some-one's gear is a bad idea...and I always use flour, it's cheaper

(Not aimed at you twardo, because I know you know) This flour in a canopy thing is one of the oldest and long standing pratical jokes going in the sport and has been a standard for years, albeit in the new day and age of squares you sure don't see it much these days. I have never seen anyone cutaway a floured canopy, tripped out YES, but chop NO! Oh and a handful or two of pea gravel for good measure....;):P Of course this is best done with a round jump as some have found out...:);)

I'm a little surprised to see some of you oldtimers giving the OP so much shit about it, boy have times changed. :S I guess it shows how many pioneers no longer jump today.

This way diff then tampering to do harm to another as we have seen in some cases.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I alluded the same thoughts in the thread over in Skydiving , the one Cocheese started. He got all violent and radical so they locked the thread then shortly deleted the whole thing.
It aint that big of a deal. But.....baby powder works much better than flour.:)

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

That's the real life answer.

It would not bother me if someone repacked my rig however, I could see some folks flying off the handle so good luck.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I alluded the same thoughts in the thread over in Skydiving , the one Cocheese started. He got all violent and radical so they locked the thread then shortly deleted the whole thing.

Especially in high humidity areas. I have yet to see baby powder form dough balls!:D

Chuck

Damn! I missed all that![:/]:D

Chuck

I'd take your advice since you're obviously so old...er...I mean experienced. But stratostar? He's only got 2 jumps:D:P

Oh, And twardo's advice is ALMOST good...
I added somewhere in this thread "get video."

To all,
No matter what anyone does to someone else's rig can open them to litigation if someone burns in on the jump.

For the record- IF my rig was ever messed with it better be by someone I trust and like. (not directed at the OP) If some random person did it I would probably throw a beat down.

My photos

My Videos

I'd take your advice since you're obviously so old...er...I mean experienced. But stratostar? He's only got 2 jumps:D:P

Oh, And twardo's advice is ALMOST good...
I added somewhere in this thread "get video."

To all,
No matter what anyone does to someone else's rig can open them to litigation if someone burns in on the jump.

For the record- IF my rig was ever messed with it better be by someone I trust and like. (not directed at the OP) If some random person did it I would probably throw a beat down.

---------------------------------------------------------

How about if someone just grabbed your rig , ran to the plane and jumped it without even checking if it was theirs ?

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

Well not really, Bozo just done the whole "whats the big deal we done it all the time, how the sport has changed" and while the guy was talking about kicking people in the nuts so hard they would "probably never jump again from being in a fetal position"

Not direct quotes but was fun, i agree with the old bastard :D

People aint made of nothin' but water and shit.

Until morale improves, the beatings will continue.