waltappel

I finally met airtwardo today...

...and he is every bit as funny and interesting and articulate in person as he is online. In fact he's even more so in person.

We've been online friends for a while and even though we live in the same city, our paths had never crossed until today. We met at Skydive Houston and were going to make a couple of jumps but it was really windy and they shut down after one load.

That was ok by me--it gave us more time to sit around a yak.

We sat around talking for about four or five hours and it was like talking with a great friend that I have known for a very long time. I've had several amazing moments recently and this really was one of them.

Just like you might expect, he's got a zillion stories and it's really easy to just relax and absolutely marvel at being in the company of someone who has been around as much as he has and tells about it so very well.

If you ever get the opportunity to spend some time with him, be prepared to walk away thinking to yourself, "Damn, I wish I had met him a long time ago."

Jim, I wish I had met you a long time ago, but better late than never.:)
Walt

...and he is every bit as funny and interesting and articulate in person as he is online. In fact he's even more so in person.

Walt and Twardo sitting in a tree...:D Hey Jim, remember when we met Elmo's dad?

Shit, that's funny!!!! Jim told me loads of Elmo stories today!:D:D:D

Walt

kind of neat getting to meet someone that you have known for a long time.:)It does seem weird to me but I always enjoy meeting people I have met either over the net or just the plain old phone.

It was great. Meeting Jim is not the least bit weird. You might expect him to be a bit intimidating, but it really was like hanging out with a very longtime friend who you can really be yourself around.

He's a great guy.

Walt

...it was like talking with a great friend that I have known for a very long time...

That's because we're a couple of "Old Timers" Walt....
We're already Brothers...the 'meeting' part was just a formality!;)

And it was truly a pleasure to get to talk in person with my favorite writer!
B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

...it was like talking with a great friend that I have known for a very long time...

That's because we're a couple of "Old Timers" Walt....
We're already Brothers...the 'meeting' part was just a formality!;)

And it was truly a pleasure to get to talk in person with my favorite writer!
B|

Coming from you, that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

Thanks, Brother.

Walt

I remember you telling the guy he looked just like a 'friend' of ours!

Where was that.....Pittsburgh?????

I just couldn't bring myself to tell him he looked like our club dummy. And yeah that was in Pittsburgh.

For those interested here are a few more pics of Elmo. I think you will really like the last one of Elmo and Jim. Those are some damn fine shorts you got there Twardo. :D

Skydive Radio

And yeah that was in Pittsburgh.

Now THAT one would make an entertaining Demo story!

...Three 6 foot plus, 240 pound guys and your 90 pound wife squished in a 182...when we notice the TIRES ARE FLAT from all the weight!:o

The pilot says one of us will have to get out...

You wife volunteers...like 90 pounds would MATTER!:ph34r:

So I bite the bullet, roll out & the tires go back up...

I grab your video camera and race from the airport to the LZ...

...watching the video you hooked up to the TV in the hotel bar that night...

...your wife is trying to figure out how 20 mintes of FAT CHICK footage got on YOUR camera!!!:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

If you ever get the opportunity to spend some time with him, be prepared to walk away thinking to yourself, "Damn, I wish I had met him a long time ago."

Jim, I wish I had met you a long time ago, but better late than never.:)
Walt

Damn... Your first impression was better than mine.

I kept looking at my watch and the calendar thinking, "Fuck, I still have another week around this old fart.":ph34r::P

Just messin' with you twardo. You's guud peoplesB|:)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Where did THIS come from?! :ph34r:

Some guy from outta state who came to Texas thinking that *everyone* here wears a cowboy hat.:D:D:D

Walt

WANNABE Texans! ;)

Ya, but it made great for getting picked out of a crowd... "Hey you in the black cowboy hat!":D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.