PLFXpert

Favorite Childhood Movies

Apparently some of mine NO-ONE has heard of.:(

My poll is simple.

Have you seen "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"?

I was thinking of adding it to our Netflix queue as BZ has never seen it (and I don't think I've seen it since I was 10). But, I remember when my college roommate & good friend (wickedly smart) mentioned she'd never seen "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". Of course, I rented it right away (How the hell do you grow up not having seen that?:S:D[:/]). She thought it was cute but...well, she was seeing it for the first time in 1998 so...

What are/were some of your favorites?
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Grew up in a conservative family and school. We only got to see the movies they showed there. So, those were what I was exposed to and guess consider my fav's of childhood.

Ones like:

Son of Flubber
The Absent Minded Professor
The Shaggy Dog
Follow Me Boys!

Off school grounds I'd have to say my fav was "Sound of Music". Kind of still have that one as a classic enjoyment from time to time. And can you believe I've found some people haven't seen it!

For this thread, I consider anything post about 12 years old being not in 'childhood' anymore...:P

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yes but don't really remember it.

Favorites: Absent Minded Professor, Son of Flubber, and Grand Prix

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Horrible, horrible . . . Walt once said, referring to the success of The Three Little Pigs, that "Ya can't top pigs with pigs" and after his death it appears that nobody listened when it came to the success of Mary Poppins.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks ain't no Mary Poppins.

But on to movies that were childhood favorites that NOBODY has ever heard of . . . how 'bout My Side of the Mountain?

Another favorite, for no particular reason . . . Mr. Bug Goes to Town. Obviously I didn't see this in first release, but I do remember fondly watching it at a Parks and Recreation movie program we had in the neighborhood.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

a christmas story. Now can i get a red ryder BB gun ?

OK. You got me.

I've never seen "A Christmas Story".:$

Seriously.[:/]

I think they showed it in class once when I was little on one of those last school days before break. I took a nap.B|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Horrible, horrible . . .

Perhaps that's b/c you were already, like, super-old when it first came out. I, on the other hand, wasn't born until much, much later.:P

I remember enjoying it as a child. And yes, I loved Mary Poppins, too.B|

Miracle on 34th St.(the original)
The Goonies(OK, not really from my childhood)

I'd like to meet this person that has never seen Ferris. What planet are they from, and when did they arrive?

I have someone at work who I swear has seen 5 movies and they have all been since having kids so they are disney movies. He has never seen Ferris.

He's a freak.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?