simplyputsi

I too finished my first olympic tri yesterday!!

Holy bejesus!!! I'm with Kel when she says what a jump from sprints.
I have to say it was the best race i've done to date. Put together well, scenery could not be beat, and the temp for mid july in chattanooga was as good as it could be.
I finished in 2 hours 47 minutes. I know I did the mile swim, it was 1500m but my weaving made it a mile easy, in just under 30 minutes. I only almost drowned once:ph34r:
I know i averaged 19.3 mph on the bike which I must say was my strong point for this race. I actually found myself digging in more than once and smoking by some people.
The first 3 miles of the run were ok, but after that it was definitely a mind game and the finish could not come fast enough.

I have not been this sore from a tri yet. My left knee, behind it and on the side hurts. I don't know if I strained something or if it's just sore.

i don't know if i'll get pictures, but if I do I'll post them.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Right on, man! Good job! I'm actually getting motivated to get off my ass and go watch one of those things...with a beer in one hand and a sammich in the other. :PB|

Awesome job, my friend. :)

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

thanks to you and mic up there.

To tell you the truth the spectators are part of the race as well. This one had a ton and when they give you words like you're doing great and way to go you tend to push harder and do better.

So by all means go spectate!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I'm surprised you didn't choke in the polluted Tennessee River! :P

Just kidding! I don't think it's so bad, or they wouldn't be holding the race in it.

Good job though!

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

ummm see the part about drowning;) Actually the river was not bad, clearest swim i've had yet as I could see at least 10 feet down and around.
My roommate swallowed some of the water and he thinks it is what made him puke during his bike.

I think they have been trying to clean it up.
and thanks!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -

ummm see the part about drowning;) Actually the river was not bad, clearest swim i've had yet as I could see at least 10 feet down and around.
My roommate swallowed some of the water and he thinks it is what made him puke during his bike.

I think they have been trying to clean it up.
and thanks!!!

Hey, the further upstream, the cleaner. ;)

By the way, you know the Double Ironman Triathlon in Huntsville? 4.8 mile swim in the Tennessee River! :oB|B|B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

you're awesome, i wish i could swim and bike that fast, i'm workin on it though..

and yeah.. wheres the pics? =) i wanna see!

you should register for the Nations Tri on sept 29th in DC.. i'm already registered:)

I don't think you are much behind me. I'm sure you could beat me on the swim. I probably could have swam faster, but I was saving my energy and just pacing myself.
The event takes pics and so they have to get all that organized before I can see. I had friends there but they were all competing.

And ummm well I have two more sprint triathlons to do and that is probably it for me and triathlons.
It's a lot of work, a lot of training and I enjoyed it. There is one other tri I might do, but it just depends.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

I don't think you are much behind me. I'm sure you could beat me on the swim. I probably could have swam faster, but I was saving my energy and just pacing myself.
The event takes pics and so they have to get all that organized before I can see. I had friends there but they were all competing.

And ummm well I have two more sprint triathlons to do and that is probably it for me and triathlons.
It's a lot of work, a lot of training and I enjoyed it. There is one other tri I might do, but it just depends.

they are a lot of work.. trng and all, but i have to say i'm happy with being in good shape, i just hope i can keep up the workouts with grad school in dc.. i guess i'll just have to see in a few weeks how busy life will be..

Ok so here is a link to the two pics they got of me.

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=17979&BIB=264&S=230&PWD=

Yes I'm dying at the finish.

I also found out they updated the results and well ummm now i'm 64th out of 114 in my age group. I was like 37th or something. They had some trouble with the timing thingy. Anyway.
Still happy with my time and performance, and the knee seems to be working again, thank god as I have another race to do this Saturday. ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Skymama's #2 stalker -