Eagleeye

Jumping @ different DZ's while on solo status

After one is cleared to "solo status", are you allowed to jump at different DZ's? I am doing my student progression at a S-L DZ and will be taking my father to Hollister so that he can do his first tandem. I would like to jump while I am there. What are the regulations of a "solo status" jumper? I'm in the Northwest and my DZ is closed until Friday.
Thanks

Take your logbook. You should be able to jump. They should review aerial photos, LZ, etc with you. They may want you to jump with a coach. But if you are current, they will probably let you do a solo.
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Call them and ask.

Different DZs have different policies.

You may be required to do a coached jump, or a H&P with an instructor watching you from the plane.

Or you may just be allowed to do a solo.

Or you may be refused unless you have gone through their training program.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Call them and ask.

Different DZs have different policies.

You may be required to do a coached jump, or a H&P with an instructor watching you from the plane.

Or you may just be allowed to do a solo.

Or you may be refused unless you have gone through their training program.

Even though the ISP makes this unnecessary, it unfortunately does happen...
"Damn you Gravity, you win again"

I was on solo status and on vacation in Co., I called and spoke to the DZ and they said as long as brought my signed log book and did not mind jumping with a coach they would allow me. So I went and spent a hour in the tunnel than went and spent the next day skydiving. The DZ (mile-high) was so friendly and helpful to me and my lack of knowledge. :)

Even if the DZ agrees for you to jump make sure you report to an instructor for a couple of orientation jumps (DZ aerial picture, airplane type of exit, obstacles, alternative landing zones, elevation ASL...etc and last but not the least the type of equipment to rent and familiarization with it) .
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I just spoke with John at Hollister and he said that I was able to jump while on "solo status". I am looking forward to the reaction of my father while we take the ride to altitude and as he experiences his first tandem skydive. He is 71 years old and says he is looking forward to it. I have never seen my father nervous, this will be interesting. I have yet to see him totally exhilarated either, which I am expecting to experience when he touches down.
Thanks for the replies.

I took my dad for his first jump at age 69. He was a bit nervous but not bad. The funniest part of his hand cam video is when he told the TI that his ears were plugged. The TI told him to hold his nose and blow. So there is dad on the video holding his nose closed and blowing out his mouth.:D

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

I took my dad for his first jump at age 69. He was a bit nervous but not bad. The funniest part of his hand cam video is when he told the TI that his ears were plugged. The TI told him to hold his nose and blow. So there is dad on the video holding his nose closed and blowing out his mouth.:D

:D:D:D
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"