maurice1369

Why don't they understand?

I was at work the other day watching some skydiving videos. Well a co-worker of mine noticed I was watching the video and he commented that although the music was fast paced he did not understand why the music was fastpaced when the people in the video were moving pretty slow.

So my question is why don't they understand???
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

I was at work the other day watching some skydiving videos. Well a co-worker of mine noticed I was watching the video and he commented that although the music was fast paced he did not understand why the music was fastpaced when the people in the video were moving pretty slow.

So my question is why don't they understand???

they have no point of reference, the camera flyer is falling at similar speeds to the subjects, so the perception of speed is lost.

It look more impressive speed wise if you fall past the side of a big cumulous cloud:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I understand that but what I don't understand is that when the person I am referring to readshis religious books or talks about GOD I don't tell him that it is all pointless because I don't understand or care to understand but out of respect to him I don't comment at all about his likes. All I am saying is that even you don't understand you don't have to say how dumb or stupid something is since it is my sole source of entertainment
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Because they've never done it, so they don't know anything about it. They have no idea how much fun it is, or how difficult some moves can be. The only way to really understand it is to do it.
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I understand that but what I don't understand is that when the person I am referring to readshis religious books or talks about GOD I don't tell him that it is all pointless because I don't understand or care to understand but out of respect to him I don't comment at all about his likes. All I am saying is that even you don't understand you don't have to say how dumb or stupid something is since it is my sole source of entertainment

Well this is a COMPLETLY different question to the original post.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

... although the music was fast paced ...

What I don't understand is why skydivers think they have to use fast paced music with their video. And why they feel like it must be loud. And why many of them feel like they need to make an entire video production of it and put text leaders and trailers on it that most people don't even care about.

"Just show me the video!"