airdvr

Anyone else watching "Dogfights"?

I'm lovin' this show. The CG graphis are awesome!

Yeah I caught a couple of these.

One of them was the one where the pilot gets"lost " over N Korea in his jet and struggles to fight of about 9 migs and he was low on fuel.

I was blown away by the cgi. I honestly thought it was real until I wondered how they got the high altitude static camera.....

:S

www.myspace.com/durtymac

I've not watched it in a while, but my favorite is the story of the lone F-8 Crusader pilot up against, was it four MIG-17s? Turning Gs so hard, all his guns jam, so he has to outfly them into intimidation. Wow. B|

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Almost as impressive as the feats of Randall "Duke" Cunningham.

Ah, Duke, what a callsign to have!

But, I favor Air Force aces, and Steve Ritchie presented my graduating NCO Academy class our diplomas and regaled us with his exploits. Neat to sit within 5 feet of this guy, while he used his hands showing how he manuevered against a Mig-21. B| effin neat!

There was another Pilot and I am trying to recall his name, but he flew an F105G Wild Weasel.

The guy was so fucking good that he scored more SAM kills than any squadron, let alone single pilot.

to come in purposely trolling for SAMs, with inferior electronics, crappy SHRIKE missiles, and yet prevail while having the sky filled with lead like mosquitos in Minnesota is truly remarkable.

700kts on the deck and closing fast had to strike fear into the hearts of anyone witnessing it.

He made most of his kills using "dumb" MK82 snakeyes.

I may be wrong but I think he was KIA.

I hope they do the one about the WWII pilot who was the only pilot left on his carrier, when the Japs were spotted closing in on the carrier strike force, while severly wounded he climbed into his plane took off and shot down all the planes he could until his ammo ran out, then proceeded to ram the enemy.

He was all alone, and yet was able to turn away and entire Japanese air strike of many many planes.