air8me

Recommended canopies for skysurfing

Hi there all skysurfing freaks.
I have about 25 skysurf jumps under my belt.
I did these with my Sabre 2 150.
This sometimes would give me quite hard/fast openings when in the standing up deploy position as you do on the board.
I have just sold this canopy and am wondering what people like and recommend when on the board?
Thanks for your input:)

My Icarus Safire used to open great... it had the modification thats now used on the Safire2.
I second the opinion on the XFire as well.

Hope you aren't pulling standing up on a beginner board :SB|
There was a big fall rate difference b/w my beginner and advanced board.

No standing up on beginner board.
I did 2 jumps on beginner, then the rest have been on inter (Leaner) board. About to start using proper sized inter board (about 5" longer than one am on now and a bit narrower.) Then when I get that down and safe deploys, will go to full size. (Not in a rush though)
Exciting times ahead!

its seems like all the hot skysurfers used stiletto's. My cousin said he packed rob harris's stiletto 97 for his skysurf jumps.

I'd love to see the DZSO's reaction if Cecilia tried to get on a Stiletto 97 with a board strapped to her feet. Ben/Rodney/Macca would have a heart attack. Possibly all simultaneously :P.

ps: hi Cecilia!

Ben/Rodney/Macca would have a heart attack. Possibly all simultaneously

Hell yeah they would!
Hi there back atchya!

I do hope packing Jarrett was just recommending a stiletto and not the size.......
Anyway, lucky I am not keen to jump on a 97!
I did however try out a Crossfire 119. And love it...except cut away twice from spin diving caused by line twists. Though have decided to give it a few more chances and change my body position on deployment. Was just wanting to put the feelers out for other peoples knowledge and opinions on what they like to jump with a board on.

Blue one's;)