skyrookie

Jump Suit recommendations

Hey all...

I'm looking to get a new jump suit soon. My first jump suit is becoming worn out and doesn't have booties.

I'm fairly heavy at 225 with gear, and I'm starting 4way. I need booties also.

My first jump suit was durable by design because it was my first, it had to with stand all the crash/slide in landings. 250 jumps later, that's not so much an issue any more. So I'd like something that will give me some drive with 4 way, but is light enough to wear on 85 degree days while packing. My current jump suit is cotton, it feels like pretty heavy wait cotton.

Thanks for supported opinions!
John

I've now gotten two suits from Freaknsuits, and found Amahra to be completely awesome to deal with. Angela is good as well. They turned my first pants around in about 20 days (I'd paid for the 14 day rush, so it went a few over) and they gave me a break on the cost of the second because of the delay on the first.
I gave them some very general design ideas, they ran with them and made me a complete one-of-a-kind outfit that is similar to no one else. Without charging me an arm and a leg.
So..after buying a Tony Suit for my fat ass when I'm falling with smaller people, a DakineRags (are they out of biz?) freefly suit, a Dakine Rags pair of pants...I'll happily do biz w/Freaknsuits any time.

My vote would go to BevSuits ... I am onto my 2nd one and it's great, i sold my old one to a eager up and coming 4-Way jumper ... he was stoked.

BevSuits have a great fit, and the booties (mega option) work wonders.

[/url]www.bevsuit.com

PM me if you want more info on them.

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

I personally custom make my own jump suits.

Cost under fifty dollars in materials and four hours of my time and its done.

For you a possible suggestion would be to try a local tailor or seamstress to custom size and make you one. I am sure that you can design it with all the bells and whisles you want...even pick out what materials you want for where..

I would see what they charge and sure it would be less then the others provided you do not add too much to it...

Id even reinformce those areas that tend to ware out the most: IE 4th point of contact, knees and elbows. And you could even make detachable booties that could be taken off and repaired / replaced.... if they ware out....

Just a thought here...
Kenneth Potter
FAA Senior Parachute Rigger
Tactical Delivery Instructor (Jeddah, KSA)
FFL Gunsmith

that's a shite load of work for a general tailor, darts, grippers, different materials, linnings, I'm pretty sure that at standard per hour rates, it will be cheaper to buy from a Manufacturer
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks for the responses so far.

Remember I'm looking for something that will help me out in 4-way. To that end I need booties, I need something that will create a some drag because of my weight. I have a Bev Suit now, and it's pretty nice...just a bit heavy on the thick cotton. I've been told around the DZ that I should stick with cotton because it causes significant drag, I'd like to find something that is a bit thinner then what I already have. I have swoop cords on this one, but I rarely use them. It would be nice if they came detachable.

I'm thinking Bev Suit or Tony Suit at this point, I know nothing about tailoring so creating from scratch is out of the question.

I'm leaning towards Bev Suit, because that's what I have now and I like it.

Any other ideas?

I don't really understand why these posts keep showing up in the rigging forum when all the experience is in the Relative Work forum.

People have varied experience with each manufacturer, I suspect they all have their good and bad stories. Do the research. And do the search on the RW forum, lots of thoughts there.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants