SBS

Naming a kid a dumbass name...

Back when i worked in social services (about 7ish years ago) i dealt with mostly low income, poorly educated families that lived in the housing projects. One of my clients was pregnant and hadn't yet picked out a name for her daughter and ended up going into premature labor. While she was at the hospital she saw a poster on the wall and saw what she thought would make a beautiful name for her baby girl.

She named her Syphillis (prounced "Suh Fillis").

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Names of people I have worked with (and their children):
Vondel
Durrel
Zenobria
Urine (pronounced Urene but spelled Urine)
Tavoris
Jerivivious
Tyranny
Binky
Sir
Latnasha
Demon' (pronounced Demond)

Makes you wonder what the fuck parents are smoking...

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

lot black excuse me I mean "African Americans" better known as "blacks" give their kids stupid names

:|

Don't pay him no mind... he's just uppity that way. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I agree the people are idiots but since when is it the goverments business what you name your kid

We have similar naming conditions here in OZ you are not allowed to name a child anything that can reasonably be seen to cause duress or hardship to the child
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I agree the people are idiots but since when is it the goverments business what you name your kid

We have similar naming conditions here in OZ you are not allowed to name a child anything that can reasonably be seen to cause duress or hardship to the child

Awww... I guess that means naming my kid Jacquing Hoff Gonzales is out of the question:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Awww... I guess that means naming my kid Jacquing Hoff Gonzales is out of the questio

You found a chick willing to reproduce with you? :D

she has to be willing?:)

I kid, I kid
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

My mother has worked in obstetrics delivering epidurals for pregnant women for about 25 years now. Just a year or so ago she had a woman come in who hadn't picked out a name for her baby. She said she wanted to give her a name nobody else had ever had... Apparently she had other kids with ridiculous names like 'Jaquarious,' 'Revelation' and bullshit like that.

So as the people in the room were delivering the baby, she heard one of the doctors mention something about the meconium of the infant. Aparently the mother thought this was the most beautiful word she had ever heard and decided to name the baby Meconium

Here's what he was referring to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meconium

No shit.

-Ryan

My mother has worked in obstetrics delivering epidurals for pregnant women for about 25 years now. Just a year or so ago she had a woman come in who hadn't picked out a name for her baby. She said she wanted to give her a name nobody else had ever had... Apparently she had other kids with ridiculous names like 'Jaquarious,' 'Revelation' and bullshit like that.

So as the people in the room were delivering the baby, she heard one of the doctors mention something about the meconium of the infant. Aparently the mother thought this was the most beautiful word she had ever heard and decided to name the baby Meconium

No shit.

-Ryan

Made it a clicky for ya;)

No shit.

-Ryan

Opium like, a slow working dope:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Oh I got an even better name and awesome story. Frosh year from Uni I got a second job at a catering company. Long story short we had a booth at a wedding convention. Next to our booth was a company pitching low fat pastries, cakes and chocolate fountains. The attendants name was Precious (she was pushing 250lbs+) and during a break went and bought some fried chicken and would periodically dip it into the liquid chocolate fountain on display and eat it. My boss saw this and wanted to know her story. So at the end of the day starts a conversation with her and we learn that she has a sis who works for the same company and her name is Gorgeous.

There was a Mercedes Parker and a Jack Daniels Trader. I kid you not.

At the risk of sounding like a smart-ass:

There is nothing strange about calling a girl Mercedes (a rather common Spanish first name). It´s in fact the other way round:

The car brand was named after the daughter of a business partner of Daimler/Benz. Her name was Mercedes Jellinek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes_Jellinek

Hate to break it to you, but our government can do the same.

Remember Peekaboo Street, the skier? She was born "Little Girl Street", until the government stepped in and told her hemp loving parents that they couldn't name their child that. Being that she loved Peek-a-boo, which is a very uncommon and special trait for a child, they chose that name.

Frankly, I don't have much problem with the government trying to protect a child from idiot parents. I just don't see how "Superman" is any less ridiculous than "4real". It's a kid, not a pet.

I also don't think it's that outlandish for it to be said that you can't name your kid a numeral...what's stopping them from spelling it out? It just sounds like they are playing a game, and that doesn't scream "great parent" to me...I feel bad for the kid.

-S

We Dutch people have the cutest names for our offspring, such as:

Floor, Moos, Joke, Puck, Dick, Job, Beer, Damian, Freek, Harm, Jet, Mart, and Dirk.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

My Great Aunt Had a Housekeeper named "FaMolley". The story behind the name was supposedly the girls mother thought the child had been named by the hospital after her emergency C-Section. The name was on the little armband when they brought the child to her after she came to. The mother couldn’t read or write much and when they came in to fill out the birth certificate, They asked the mother the childs name.. She sounded out the name.. "Female" and it came out FaMolley.

There was a Mercedes Parker and a Jack Daniels Trader. I kid you not.

At the risk of sounding like a smart-ass:

There is nothing strange about calling a girl Mercedes (a rather common Spanish first name). It´s in fact the other way round:

The car brand was named after the daughter of a business partner of Daimler/Benz. Her name was Mercedes Jellinek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes_Jellinek

Not that it really matters much, but when I was in Spanish class, I had to choose a Spanish name. Since there was nothing really close to "Shari," I chose to be called Mercedes. So, yes... Mercedes is a common Spanish name. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

We have a little kid who keeps showing up at my old ER (first time mother on Medicaid, doesn't cost her anything so we see the kid every time she so much as sneezes, don't even get me started on this topic) called Poison Ivy.

First name: Poison

Middle name: Ivy

Last name: ------- (friggin' HIPAA)

no shit.

Elvisio "sigh" Rodriguez

We have a little kid who keeps showing up at my old ER (first time mother on Medicaid, doesn't cost her anything so we see the kid every time she so much as sneezes, don't even get me started on this topic) called Poison Ivy.

First name: Poison

Middle name: Ivy

Last name: ------- (friggin' HIPAA)

no shit.

Elvisio "sigh" Rodriguez

That mother's favorite movie must have been the Batman movie that had Uma Thurman in it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban