ACMESkydiver

"You Think You Know Your Friends"...Then You Find Something Just Horrible.

It's sad and it's shocking. You think you know the people that you hang out with, but it just goes to show...:(

26 years old
[my edit]RJ was released from prison after completing his sentence of 51 months for Child Molestation 1st Degree. He sexually assaulted a five year old male for whom he was babysitting. RJ has no other known criminal history, but has been sexually acting out since he was ten years old. He has admitted to 40-50 minor age male victims. They ranged in age from 4 to 16 years old. He groomed these victims in his role as a babysitter and working at daycare centers including “appropriate” touching to set up the transition to offending behavior.
RJ participated in a Sex Offender Treatment program while incarcerated. His treatment team assessed him as a high risk to re-offend. RJ is no longer under the supervision of the Department of Corrections. This notification is being re-issued to to his change in address. RJ has registered as a sex offender as required by law and is living in the 6600 block of Corson Avenue South.
Additional

This was our friend. He's been to our house for parties, we used to go out a bunch of us to movies and the bar scene now and then...he worked with Joe for a few years.

A random Google search last week for the purpose of something silly, revealed a whole side of this man we never knew...

He was fired on the spot because he never disclosed any of this to his employer. We erased his name from every contact book, email, and cell phones. Then we start thinking back...

Our kids liked him. Thankfully there was never a time that he was alone with them, or even alone in any area of the house with any of them.

This fucking sucks. :( I just don't know what to think. He seemed like any other guy...[:/]
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Yikes!

Scary!

[:/]

My niece and nephews were molested by a family friend - never surfaced till their mid-late teens.

Thankfully your babies were never alone with this creep!

((((((HUGS))))))))

xoxo
g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

I know it's horrible, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone that wasn't molested, or had a sibling molested, as a child or teenager. It seems so common!

I was some where around 7 years old and made to watch one of my younger siblings get molested. I hadn't thought about that for years until yesterday when I saw Ryan's sex offender profile. >:( It doesn't affect me at all personally. I don't even remember that it happened unless it's brought up.

It's just sad and scary. I can't imagine what people with damaged coping mechanisms have to do after abuse. I am certainly very lucky.

Your niece and nephews might have repressed some of that. Hopefully that memory will become just a tiny piece of history that doesn't ever come up but once in a great while. I hope they find peace in their own minds; they should, if they're fearless and happy kids like their auntie. :)

~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

What was a really big surprise for me were the Dateline shows to catch a predator.

It just blew me away that they would set up for 48 hours in a small town and get like 30 guys, and do it all over again next week. I never knew there were so many pedophiles out there. It is just insane.

I am glad your kids are ok, and be glad you found out now.

D.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

What's sad is to find out your Tandem Master and/or AFF instructor was locked up for child molestation. I think he's in jail for quite a long time this time.

My adopted cousin was sexually abused up until the age of 5 when my aunt and uncle started fostering him. It was hard for the social services to find a home willing to adopt him because of all of his mental issues. He'd have nightmares, had a severe case of ADHD, and major OCD. After living with my relatives for 3 years and no chance of him being adopted by another family, my relatives did. He's now 19 years old, graduated high school, is attending college, holds down a job, and is doing quite well. Some stories have happy endings. :)

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

What's sad is to find out your Tandem Master and/or AFF instructor was locked up for child molestation. I think he's in jail for quite a long time this time.

Like the thread title says, you think you know someone. >:(:S

The Pessimist says: "It can't possibly get any worse!"
The Optimist says: "Sure it can!"

I believe it was in the 20 year range.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Like the thread title says, you think you know someone. >:(:S

At least he got a lengthy sentence. I'm unfortunately familiar with the lenient side of the spectrum. A guy I knew all too well got six months on a plea deal when he was known to have molested at least two children on many occasions. :S>:(

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Jaye,
child molesters can be quite charming and highly manipulative. It is why they can gain easy access to their victims. Most chesters know their victims long before they offend them. they are as good at grooming the parents as they are at grooming the child. Children with special needs are often at greater risk because they are easier to manipulate. As one of my Inmate/Patients said to me "Always believe the child when he/she said he/she was touched."