GravityGirl

Wyat Drews - Memorial Service

Hey All,

As many of you know already, Wyat Drews of Icarus Canopies, Skydive San Diego and WyDi Productions, .... just to name a few, had a fatal motorcyle accident last Friday leaving Skydive San Diego.

Wyat's contributions to the sport of Skydiving are nothing short of awesome. He was a tremendous asset to the industry. He was a mentor to hundreds of young skydivers. He was a canopy coach to many, many more. He was a fierce competitor. He took a personal interest in each and every student that passed through his hands. He would never let you get away with a half assed hug. It was always a full contact, genuine sharing of energy.... good energy, hug.

Skydive San Diego and the entire Skydiving industry will certainly not be the same without him.

But the torch he carried burns bright. In all of the students he coached. In all of the friends he loved. Many of them with ratings of their own now. Many of them competitors. Many of them soon to be competitors. ....

Please come help us celebrate the life of Wyat Drews at Skydive San Diego on Monday, August 20th. Festivities begin around 6:00pm officially. But we'll be jumping and celebrating all day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Nicely put Bonnie!

I won't be able to make it on Monday (stupid work), but will be heading down on Sunday to make some jumps and give everyone my love.

See ya then!
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

That sucks :( My industry just lost 2 people this past week because of some idiot pulling off the shoulder right in front of them. The first one down was a good friend and the other was his head assistant who lost his life because he choose to try to avoid running over Ryan and went down himself.
Neither one of them where wearing helmets. :(

If you ride put your brain bucket on PLEASE.

I will add Wyat's family to our prayers..

BSBD...

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I am sorry if it seemed I assumed he wasn't. Not my intention. My friends where not and might have had a chance if they where :(

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Didn't know Dang.[:/]

This guy always seemed to be high on Skydiving.
Watched many competition videos with him it it. Like you say he was a fierce competitor and a asset to the Industry and to Skydiving. He will be missed. My condolences to local friends and family. Fly on bro.

That is absolutely horrible news.>:(

Wyat was as awesome a person as he was a skydiver and I am sorry to hear that. I saw his picture was in the latest parachutist and wondered how he and Diana were doing.

He was a true ambassador of the sport and will be missed. I am fortunate and grateful to have learned from him.

My condolences to Diana.

I do know that the peeps at SDSD will take care of her.

I didn't know Wyat very well, but I remember seeing him jumping at Elsinore years ago when I lived in California. I didn't know Diana, but saw her around the DZs. I was always impressed with his canopy flying. I didn't know he passed. My best wishes to all, I'm sorry I won't be there to join you on the 20th.

Blue Skies, Black Death...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I am so sorry to hear this! Everytime I went to skydive san diego & ran into Wyatt he was always so nice to me & he didn't really know me at alll! Definitley could always tell what a nice person, warm heart he had. Bonnie, I think I have met diana once or twice only, but please give her a hug for me, please....

Oh no
Wyat was so full of life. Crap! Crap!
John and I wish we could be in San Diego with you all to celebrate Wyat. Our thoughts are with you all.
I'm so glad I got to see him in Texas.
I'm so sorry
Willy Wonka: We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.