maurice1369

LIFE CHANGING

Hello all,

I am very new to the skydiving community. I made my first jump July 06 and I religiously jumped every weekend after that until I deployed to Afghanistan in January of 2007. I may only have 72 jumps but I knew after that first jump that I would be in this for the long haul. Now I am the kind of person that usually picks up something and eventually will lose all motivation to keep doing that. But for some reason skydiving has given my life a purpose and direction. I don't know if many people have felt this or even experienced but I am glad for the changes that skydiving has made to my life. I realize that skydiving is not a cheap sport to participate in but can you really put a price on the happiness and elation that jumping out of a plane can bring to your life. I really have no idea why I am even posting this I really have no one to even discuss these things with because 99.9% of the people I work with just do not understand how I can enjoy the sport of skydiving so much or even how I can spend my money on skydiving and the gear. I am in an airborne unit where most of the people I work with have jumped out of a plane for the ARMY but most of the people I have asked admit that they do not do it because they enjoy it but the real reason is because they get an extra $150 a month. I may not get payed but at least I gain some sort of satisfaction from what I do. Well, I thank you Bill Booth, Ted Strong, Dave DeWolf and Brian Germain just to name of few of the innovators of our sport because my life is bursting with new life because of what you have contributed to skydiving. And lastly, I thank all of the fellow skydivers of the world because even though we may never meet or be friends there will always be a common thread that brings us together.

BLUE SKIES
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Your post was the first I read today.
It made my day. I have only jumped as a tandem but love it. You have a great attitude.
Thanks for your service. Pass the word that many of us appreciate you and your fellow servicemen/servicewomen.
I hope you will post more in the future.

marilyn

I sense no ambivalence. ;):D

It's a switch in your brain with a 100 reasons that it flips on for some people.

Some people do a tandem and go, "ehhh".

Skydiving is a matter of personal taste.
Remember that and don't try to convince the disinterested. (Otherwise, the next thread by you will be one about the frustration of communicating with others :D)

Dude, I've got over 1000 jumps and I promised myself "as soon as I find that rush everyone keeps telling me about , I'll quit.":D:D

It only gets better...unless it gets worse.
Welcome to the sky. Keep learning.

My photos

My Videos

Hey everyone,

I appreciate all the positive feedback. You know guys the hardest thing out here is when from when the sun rises all the way until the sun sets there is not a cloud in the sky. I mean there are a few days where it is dusty as hell but I long to be in the back of a plane waiting until altitude so I can enjoy the freedom of freefall. There are a handful of people who I work around that skydive but not one of them have ben infected like I have. I love skydiving and I wish I would have experienced all these sensations years ago. But, I am willing to hang up this life for the life of a skydiver. I am not worried about money because I don't make much right now anyways but at least if I was to work on a dropzone then at least I would always be able to say that I love coming to work everyday

Thank you airtwardo,

I do appreciate the kind words. But, I wish more people would post a reply on this thread because it is good to read about how skydiving has changed people's lives. I mean I love Skydiving so much that I want to be a part of the greatest skydiving team/club in the world. THE GOLDEN KNIGHTS.

To be able to get payed to do what I love more than anything in this world.

Let me tell you this I used to be all about computer and video games but ever since skydiving there has been nothing more important in my life than skydiving

Skydiving changed my life in many ways. It helped me get "me" back! It helped me become mentally and physically stronger! It's helped me make lots of new friends who are fun, intelligent and wise people. How can you not have enthusiasm for such an awesome sport filled with awesome people? I love skydiving very very much too!

Blue Skies
"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore