sunshine

Cable TV prices

i know we've discussed this before, but lets revisit the question. How much do you pay for your cable TV service? and what do you get with it as far as DVR, digital channels etc. I'm not interested in any dish networks or other satellite services, just cable prices. Tanks!

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

i know around here in md - basic cable will run you about $40.month - but when i say basic, i mean super basic
for all the on demand stuff and premium channels its about $100/month - but it comes with SO much stuff its ridiculous - a little much if you ask me, but if you like staying home and watching lots of movies and random channels you never knew existed - go for it
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I finally got cable a few moths ago.. Did the whole Cable, Phone and Internet service package. Supposed to $99 a month which sounded great.

Then I added DVR (Love it but Comcast Charges $15 a month ofr it, I Think DTV was only charging $5 for TIVO which is MUCH better)

The I had to have HBO because they had such great shows as Deadwood, Rome and Soprano’s.. But they canceled them all and the new shows all suck. SO added another $15..

Then I realized the cable package I bought didnt have ESPN2.. I had to have Friday night Fights. So I upgraded to the Gold level package. (Another $20 a Month)

Then I bought a 42" HD Flat Panel TV so I had to have the HD Package.. (Another $15 a Month.

So my super fantastic $99 a Month deal (Cable, Phone and Internet) now costs about $179 a Month after all the taxes and add-on (NOT Counting Pay-previews)

I am going to Cancel HBO since their original Programming now sucks so bad and probably drop the Gold package too sine I am always at the DZ on Friday nights anyway so I don’t get to watch the fights (Well the one on the TV anyway, The ones at the DZ are free:D ).

Dagny and I use Brighthouse here in FL.

We have:

Cable internet
Basic cable
Expanded cable
HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, TMC, and Starz
The On-demand access for all of the above
High-Def package for our 50" Samsung DLP TV
High-Def DVR

All for about $110 a month.

The sad thing is that we hardly watch any movies, but the premium channels, plus their on-demand access, is nice to have when we're really bored and it's too late to do anything else.:)

Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

how do you get that pricing?
digital hd cable is $58 and the internet is 44.95, with taxes...112 every month...
hacked box?:P

I wish. We just happened to get everything when they were running one hell of a promotion and we were able to get the pricing locked in.
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Ok, i guess i'm not getting too ripped off then. I called Insight today to bump up my package cause right now i just have broadband and basic cable for $45ish a month. Basic is only like 10 channels so i wanted the next tier and to add it would be an extra $35/mo so i'm looking at $80/mo for basic + extended cable and broadband internet. I passed on the digital and DVR stuff cause it would've been like an extra $25/mo.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Ok, i guess i'm not getting too ripped off then. I called Insight today to bump up my package cause right now i just have broadband and basic cable for $45ish a month. Basic is only like 10 channels so i wanted the next tier and to add it would be an extra $35/mo so i'm looking at $80/mo for basic + extended cable and broadband internet. I passed on the digital and DVR stuff cause it would've been like an extra $25/mo.

They have a whole package thing here - it's like 95 a month but you can replace your phone too.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I live just outside chicago, have Comcast (the evil empire) and get high speed and expanded basic for $99/mo. I only wanted the expanded pkg. of cable so I could get CNN.

They keep sending me promotional stuff in the mail about the T.V./high speed/phone, but I don't want anything to do with it because it will end up being a bazillion dollars a month once the initial promotional fee wears off.[:/]

"...I've learned that while the "needs" in life are important (food, water, shelter), it's the "wants" in life (ice cream, chocolate, sex) that make it worth the effort." Kbordson

I pay $0 because I don't have it. Haven't had it at home for over two years and don't miss it at all.

I listen to the radio, and have a good internet connection. I've remained relatively sane. ;)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!