normiss

Glad he hald a helmet!

some of you guys are just too easy.

If you're implying this didn't happen - it did.

He's referring to my original post in response to Squeak's, which I took down (Dz.com was not posting...then it ended up posting after I reposted, I dunno what was wrong with it that day. :S)

Anyhow, Squeak had said that the guy miraculously lived without any major injuries. I believed him, figuring that a US police dept would not be releasing photos of a dead body.

I was wrong.
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Anyhow, Squeak had said that the guy miraculously lived without any major injuries. I believed him, I was wrong.

BWAhahahaha
:D:D:D:D:D That will learn ya:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

some of you guys are just too easy.

If you're implying this didn't happen - it did.

He's referring to my original post in response to Squeak's, which I took down (Dz.com was not posting...then it ended up posting after I reposted, I dunno what was wrong with it that day. :S)

Anyhow, Squeak had said that the guy miraculously lived without any major injuries. I believed him, figuring that a US police dept would not be releasing photos of a dead body.

I was wrong.

the police may not have been the ones to release the pics. cameras are everywhere these days and scanner land people ( people who listen to scanners) flock to this kind of report, snap pics and are basiclly a pain to us that work these type of accidents.
I see reporters at almost every car wreck i work and they are often on scene before we are.
I worked a kid on an atv vs semi once, alot more graphic then this and the local news crew where on scene before we where!
www.greenboxphotography.com

Actually, I think the parents released the photos, in the hopes that someone else's beautiful young son won't end up the same way.

I'll bet he drove that fast in traffic a bunch of times before he hit that truck. He was probably a little better than average, a faster learner, and capable of taking care of himself, too.

My son is about his age. His parents were very brave.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You just reminded me of a bike ride I took when I was 16.
I was 10 foot tall and bullet proof.
I had a Kawasaki KH-500 two stroke - you almost HAD to go fast on those bikes.
I was coming out of Winter Haven on a country road...nothing but orange groves. I passed a car while doing about 140 mph. I stopped at the little store just down the road from there. When I came out, this lady, probably in her late 40's, comes up to me just bawling....I mean painfully crying from her soul. It seems her son had just recently gotten killed on his motorcycle - he was young and carefree too. This woman pleaded with me to not drive like that. I can still see the pain in her eyes when she begged me not to become her son.[:/][:/][:/]

man did that work..it has stuck with me to this day.

thanks for the reminder Wendy. ;)

These are not the pics first posted on the web and the family may have ok'd these. The very first ones are of other views and the police did not authorize the release. Someone who knew a person who worked for TPD slipped the out and passed them around. I don't believe the family ok'd any of the pics to be released.

About a week after this accident a friend of this guy went out on his bike and hit the back of a van or pickup doing over 100 and was killed. It happened about 1 mile from this accident.

These are not the pics first posted on the web and the family may have ok'd these. The very first ones are of other views and the police did not authorize the release. Someone who knew a person who worked for TPD slipped the out and passed them around. I don't believe the family ok'd any of the pics to be released.

Your missing the point of Wendys' post I think
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

This woman pleaded with me to not drive like that. I can still see the pain in her eyes when she begged me not to become her son.[:/][:/][:/]

That's a pretty powerful story there. I have a 16 YO daughter who says she wants a motorcycle. I told her "not under my roof." Very hypocritical since I used to ride. Maybe I'll share all this with her. Nothing changes your perspective in life like having children. Unbelievable joy, potential for unbearable sorrow.

John

I have only been out on the highway once on a motorcycle and that was on the back of your bike Wendy. I enjoyed it but with you wearing all your leather and helmet and me in a ball cap, tank top, shorts and sandals I didn't feel all that worm and fuzzy about the road buzzing by at 50 mph only a foot below my bare toes.

My wife is a bike rider (cruisers) and wants me to start riding but I just don't feel safe about not having any protection between me and all the hard objects around me. All leather will do is protect me from an even worse case of road rash and a helmet will only keep my cute little brain from splattering about.

Seeing these pics as grose as they are, make me even more leery about learning to ride. I know it was probably the bikers fault but for me I just don't trust other drivers and I'm afraid that some numb nut on a call phone is going to run me over not paying attention.

Now relating motorcycle riding to skydiving, you have your cruisers and your crotch rockets and in skydiving you have your straight in lenders and your swoopers. Of the vast majority of motorcycle accidents, it is the young and carefree crotch rocket riders that are killing themselves trying to go fast (alone or in traffic). As the cruisers are trying to play it safe and just enjoy the world around them riding for the love of the ride. Is it not the same for skydiving? It is the young and carefree swoopers killing themselves and others on there pocket rocket canopies going fast (alone or in traffic), as the rest of us try to cruse it straight in enjoying the world around us. Either way it is those who think they are bullet proof (most of the time) that end up getting hurt or killed while those still living in the sport have to take the flack for others actions.

It’s just my two cents but I feel its pics like this and more gruesome ones mentioned, are great teaching aides and wake up call for others. In drivers training years ago I was shown accident pics of drunk drivers as a warning of what can happen when you drink and drive. The same should go for motorcycle training courses and any other extreme sport training course to include skydiving. There are too many of us (me included at one time) who can read about it till we are blue in the face and still never have it sink in till you actually see what has happened to someone else doing the same reckless thing. My eyes are open now! Is it not the purpose of the Incidents Forum here to learn from others mistakes? I have lost friends in this sport along with most or you. As much as I don’t want to relive there accident by seeing a picture of them it just might help open the eyes of someone who feels bullet proof or is being careless. I’m sure we all know someone who has been warned countless times about there careless behavior only have our words fall on deaf ears and they hurt or kill themselves doing the very thing they were warned about. It’s just my two cents.

I do recall the postings but not the specifics of at least two fellow skydivers in as many months that have been killed as a result of running into the back of another vehicle while riding their bikes.

CSA #699 Muff #3804