Philly215

Finally got my car, any suggestions on mods/add-ons?

Dude if you put lights under that car i will catch a plane to the US and come bitch slap you myself!

But seriously, nice wheels bro! I have always wanted to own a Mustang, my suggestion would be subtle things, wheels, tires mostly and if anything a chip and some basic engine stuff.

Enjoy it!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Underbody lights are a good way to get noticed by the Popo! And they aren't very lenient with 17 year olds if I can remember. (Been about 8 years). I'd say get and exhaust and an intake for starters, but nothing too loud. Then maybe work on stiffening up the suspension. Keep that a shit a sleeper, there's nothing better than somebody wondering why they got smoked by what they thought was a stock car.

Tinted it, just thinking of rims. Saw one with a underlight kit and wheel well kit, looked nice but everyones saying its too rice for a mustang. Any ideas? :-\

And ya know, there's one other group of items I forgot to mention . . .

Meguiar's

Silly, really, when I think about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

One word... NITROUS!!!
Avoid crap that don't make you go fast.
Nice car.

Yep hurry up and violate the warranty and get dusted by real race cars while you are at it.

There is a 1972 Vega around here that people keep wanting to race against.:SB|

Yeah race against a car with over 1000hp and a chrome moly chassis.:S

Besides the fact the old guy that owns it is a former pro racer.

I think this is how he makes extra cash in retirement.:o

His car will dust my bike and most anyone elses

My friend has a riding buddy with a turbo busa with nitrous, and he won't race the old guy for money.

ditch the ugly rims

and maintain the damn thing, remember if you want a real race car, go buy one.

If you want a car to be there for you day and night, year after year don't start fucking with it.

Maybe a K&N air filter is all.

Found a good rim design.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

One word... NITROUS!!!
Avoid crap that don't make you go fast.
Nice car.

Yep hurry up and violate the warranty and get dusted by real race cars while you are at it.

There is a 1972 Vega around here that people keep wanting to race against.:SB|

Yeah race against a car with over 1000hp and a chrome moly chassis.:S

Besides the fact the old guy that owns it is a former pro racer.

I think this is how he makes extra cash in retirement.:o

His car will dust my bike and most anyone elses

My friend has a riding buddy with a turbo busa with nitrous, and he won't race the old guy for money.

He should be able too... A friend of mine has an 06 1000RR with a sneaky pete nos kit and other work, he put down a murcielago, shelby's, a chevelle pushing like 800 hp. He beat a 1014 HP prelude at the track too.

Yeah, nitrous, for the most part, is highly over-rated as something you'd want to even consider for 99.9% of anything.

What he said.

Please please please avoid nitrous unless you have your engine completely rebuilt and upgraded by a profesiional engine builder. Even then you should only use nitrous if you've exhausted all over methods of getting power (lightened components, modified heads, increased stroke/bore, uprated pistons/rods/crank)

In fact fuck it.

Nitrous is for dickheads

It's a Mustang GT convertible. Don't modify it, that's an A-to-B car, whether you like it or not. With a coupe, I would've suggested taking it to some autocrosses, seeing what the car's really capable of in stock form, and once you're comfortable with how it handles high-load corners, then start slowly modifying it piece by piece, intention and purpose in every part. Don't just modify a car for the sake of modifying it. Especially if it's got some stock power and handling.

So basically for the extra rwhp and a couple mpg, intake tune exhaust and lighter wheels for looks. Maybe a saleen suspension for nicer handling, asides from that, leave it be?

Someone turned the exact car into a track car, running 904 rwhp. Waste of $ in my opinion and now its a track car. I just wanna get a little more horse power. Aside from the vette, if I put a supercharger on it I could take everything stock including the gto but the gas mileage and blowing headers didn't seem worth it haha.

Actually, I'm saying don't modify it at all. No suspension mods, no new wheels for looks, no intake or exhaust, not a damn thing. How do you know what the shortcomings of the stock suspension are without driving the shit out of it at the limits? And you can't do that safely on the street last I checked.

And as far as turning a car into a track car, you need to corner, so 904 whp is absolutely useless. I'd rather have a car with under 400 hp, decent torque, and a suspension that puts that power down exactly the way I want it everytime.

My car's upgrade process is short and mapped out, I know exactly what I'm doing to the car because I've raced it and know where its shortcomings are. Eventually when I do turn it into a track car, the intent is to bring it to about 350 whp, and tune it until I can haul ass around any corner without having to think about how the car's going to take it. I suggest looking at www.scca.com, check the tab entitled "Solo", and that should give you an idea of what kind of racing I'm talking about. Imagine an extremely tight course full of tight corners, slaloms, kinks, all designated by road cones on a big parking lot. Fun shit. Check it out, get a dozen races under your belt before you start modifying it, you won't be disappointed.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

Tinted it, just thinking of rims. Saw one with a underlight kit and wheel well kit, looked nice but everyones saying its too rice for a mustang. Any ideas? :-\

How about a hot red head in the passenger seat!!:ph34r:
Some day I will have the best staff in the world!!!

Try these:P
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Nah I'm not going to put nos in my car. Doesn't deserve it lol.
I'm not trying to make it a race car by any means. I just want enough power under the hood to know I have it when some jackass smiles in their 400hp gto.

Hey I love my gto. :)
The best safe bang for the buck is a chip. Plugs, wires, cold intake,headersn and exsu.

But your car has power, spend the money on handling. That's the cars weak point.

Nice car man you are a very lucky guy to have such a sweet ride at 17. Enjoy it and be safe. Some times it is better to lose the race but save your ass.

Oh yea one more thing stangs sound fucking awesome I love it.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

[email]

Nah I'm not going to put nos in my car. Doesn't deserve it lol.
I'm not trying to make it a race car by any means. I just want enough power under the hood to know I have it when some jackass smiles in their 400hp gto.

Hey I love my gto. :)
The best safe bang for the buck is a chip. Plugs, wires, cold intake,headersn and exsu.

But your car has power, spend the money on handling. That's the cars weak point.

Nice car man you are a very lucky guy to have such a sweet ride at 17. Enjoy it and be safe. Some times it is better to lose the race but save your ass.

Oh yea one more thing stangs sound fucking awesome I love it.

Yeah the GTO's stock power is unreal. But I love the sound of the stangs too. I was thinking of putting magnapack's 2.5 inch pipes on it, sounds pretty aggressive without being too loud.

And yeah a lot of people see I'm 17 and assume its a parents or they bought it for me. I bust my ass working and it doesn't all go to the car either. That's the only downfall to owning it this young, everyone assumes your a spoiled lil kid.

Sell it & buy an old Jeep CJ-5!

Nice job buying domestic!

Of course :-) Too much of my family are union leaders to buy foreign lol.

You know that Ford was most likely not built in the USA. However Toyota, and Hondas are. The forigen cars are more American than the American cars.

As for the Union thing don't get me started on that one.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Ford used to be before they closed out that major factory :-( The mustangs, the gt's and the f150's are stilled produced in the United States. All the focuses, cobalts, fusions and every other ford, alot are out of the country.

Unions..lol. Floorlayers, electricians, painters etc.

I understand taking pride in doing it your self. Way the go dude.
I did not mean to make less of your effort by saying lucky. However I consider my self lucky and I have worked hard all my life. It is good to be a hard worker it pays off.

Peace and keep it under 150;)
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I understand taking pride in doing it your self. Way the go dude.
I did not mean to make less of your effort by saying lucky. However I consider my self lucky and I have worked hard all my life. It is good to be a hard worker it pays off.

Peace and keep it under 150;)

Oh of course. I was just saying in general. I know you didn't mean anything by it. I just love when older guys say something out loud like "daddy's car", then I get out the title and my id to show them it's mine and then they're nice and quiet.

I've pushed it to 130 so far. I thought cars had governors? I got a straightaway on the highway and it hit 130 easily. No hesitation or pausing to build up, 90...100...115...130.

A lot of people hate on the mustang because of how popular they are. 95% of the ones on the road are v6's and base. The v6 is a completely lower league then the v8 versions. Brakes, wheels, power.

For the money, the gto is the only thing that offers power per $