simplyputsi

Are you afraid to die?

my big brother is my idol

Wow. All I can say is he is one tough guy!

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I watched my parents die. My mom fought up to the minute she died and my dad just slipped away. No mater how hard or easy the process, the death was a release and peace.

I was diagnosed as terminal when I was 9 years old (tumor on the lower part of my brain). I spent a year in a terminal hospital for children. I am now 50. Living is what we do every day. it is up to us what we put into it and what we get out of it. I have been blessed with over 40 additional years. I have lived them with joy and adventure.

I am not afraid to die. I am also not afraid to live.

I was in an accident once and bleed out while in the hosp, I was actually walking in the palce awaiting some xrays.. wow that was crazy when they revived me i was so confused and then suddenly alert as to what just happend.. i remeber so vividly my mother just lost it as she rounded the corner with a nurse to see me laying there, she was scared and at that time i knew this was not good and the Dr confirmed this to me in a very quick manner, I said bye to my mother and that i loved her and awoke days later in ICU. I never got scared that i was going to die, I was in the acceptence stage in an instant as i did not have time to think about it I guess and I was more worried about my mother.
I am not to scared of death now, i will avoid it as long as possible and hope that things will be in order to make my pasing easier on those I leave behind.
www.greenboxphotography.com

I don't fear death, I fear failing to accomplish my dreams. I could've failed to become a licensed skydiver, but I didn't because I knew I could do it and I knew I could do it well. I trained both on and off the DZ, made sure that I never failed an IAF jump, always improved and learned from each jump I made, and still do. Death can affect any of us at anytime, so there's really no point in pussy-footing around thinking you're going to cheat death or prolong its onset. You could stay in your room all times of the day, and you go out to the store to get some milk and get run over by a drunk driver. Death is not to be feared, it is simply to be expected.

As for my choices in life, I've firmly decided I want to be a Coast Guard Rescue Swimmer. My chance of death is much increased, but I can make a difference by prolonging the onset of death for others until that time comes. I'm going to take advantage of the time I have, use it the best way I know how.
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I was never afraid to die until I had a child. Now I am. I think that will pass when he's grown, but the thought of leaving him motherless frightens me.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I don't want to die and will do what ever i can to prevent it should it be imminent, but I'm more afraid of not living than i am of dying
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

im more afraid to hurt myself so bad that im not able to do the fun stuff anymore rather than dying...
if im dead, well thats it...nothing more i can do about that......

Same here except I want to add I don't want to die at someone elses hand and I want to know it's coming just long enough to say to myself,"You really fucked that one up."

Hell yeah I am, I like life to much and I think my after life might be a lil hotttttt lol...

People think I have a death wish too. Stuntin while everyone else is riding their bike 2 wheels on the ground 24/7. Wave runners in the ocean trying to go for as much air as possible while people ride in the bay. I constantly speed, I've done anything someone else is afraid to do, i dunno..fun?`

I work at a Hospice, so no death/dying doesn't scare me. It's the circle of life. If I have closure and comfort that I lived out my purpose here then it's time to go hang out with Conway, his mom, Shannon, Mark, Roger, Q, Bob, Holly, Gus, Krystal, Egon, Piers, Bruno, and many others..I'm sure they are having a great party over there.:)

I'm not afraid of dying. I'm afraid of dying poorly. I'm always extra-vigilant driving home from the DZ, because I don't want my headline to be "Man killed in tragic car accident minutes after cheating death."

As long as I go pushing the state of the art, no worries. Cancer would bother me, because who would benefit from that?