normiss

What's for dinner??

Tonight i had the leftovers from the thai curry I bought for lunch and a big-ass salad.

Wednesday I made this new recipe and it was damned yummy ... lots of flavor and pretty healthy, too:

Herbed Pork Chops with Wine

* 1 teaspoon dried leaf sage, crumbled
* 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
* 2 each garlic cloves, finely minced
* 1 teaspoon salt
* freshly ground pepper
* 4 each 1" thick pork chops
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3/4 cup dry white wine

Combine sage, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Press a little of this herb mixture firmly into both sides of each chop. Over medium heat in a large heavy skillet, melt butter and oil. Brown chops on both sides, turning gently with tongs. Remove pork chops and pour off all but a small amount of the drippings from pan. Add about 1/2 cup of the wine and bring to boil. Return chops to pan. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are tender when pressed with tip of knife, about 25 to 30 minutes. When ready to serve, remove chops to heated plate. Add remaining wine to skillet and quickly boil down to a syrupy glaze. Pour over pork chops.
Serves 4.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke