shermanator

do you hate the incidents forum when..

obviously.. when seeing there is a new post.

But, I can't stand when someone says.. I was there, I saw what happened, what you just said is wrong.. "but I won't tell you any information at this time"

Anyone besides me dislike that. grrr.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

But, I can't stand when someone says.. I was there, I saw what happened, what you just said is wrong.. "but I won't tell you any information at this time"

In a sense, I agree with you, but if it's said as "I can't say because the investigation is still ongoing" that's another matter.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

nope no problwem for me at all,
I'd prefer to know WHAT happened when it is found out.
Not someones version of what they think they saw.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The whole forum is annoying. The whole "what can we learn from it" thing is a joke. It's simply a forum for people to argue and slam on people for what they did wrong. I hardly ever read it anymore.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

The whole forum is annoying. The whole "what can we learn from it" thing is a joke. It's simply a forum for people to argue and slam on people for what they did wrong. I hardly ever read it anymore.

true, but I have pulled learning information out of it. if not directly, I pulled it out of the bickering, and the assumptions of possible scenarios of what could of happened.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

The whole "what can we learn from it" thing is a joke. It's simply a forum for people to argue and slam on people for what they did wrong.

Yup, sometimes the discussions of a particular incident will get off track like that. But for me the benefits of the incident forum far outweigh the negatives. Seeing the multitude of things that can happen helps keep me vigilant and has directly influenced my response to at least one potential problem.

As I was deciding how to respond to a low-speed mal a couple of years ago, some incident reports about people spending the rest of their lives unsuccessfully trying to fix problems flashed through my mind and I promptly cut away. I probably would've done the same thing anyway, but that knowledge helped get me to the right choice sooner,

Just my 2 cents.

Doug

I agree with Doug. I'd much rather learn from someone else's mistakes than my own. However, if I do something worthy of posting in the incidents forum, should I be lucky enough to survive, you can bet I'll be the first to post the incident. If I do something stupid, then I probably deserve for people to slam me for what I did wrong.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Oh! This has got to be a RePost!

there's never a cop around when you need one.:P
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

I think it should be renamed "the sports page", but yeah, I read it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

The whole "what can we learn from it" thing is a joke.

Agreed.
Most people who read the Incidents do it for the same reason that people rubberneck at a motor car accident scene - morbid curiousity.

No, actually it isn't. The cynics who think they're too hip to learn anything are a real drag though.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I read them. You can learn stuff there. You can get food for thought there. You can learn how to deal with families and friends of the primary subject.

You can also get a picture of what the general skydiving population is thinking and doing right, wrong or indifferent.

You can, just like most other threads, see just how hard-headed some people can actually be.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239